“One of the best”

Blickling Estate
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Blickling
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: You'll never forget your first sight of Blickling. Sitting in a magnificent garden and park is a breath-taking mansion, flanked by ancient yew hedges. Past owners have used the estate as a refuge while performing on the world's political stage. Philip Kerr, the last private owner, helped shaped the National Trust's history, using his influence to find a way of saving great country houses for future generations to enjoy. Until his death in 1940 he used the house for entertaining his prominent guests; and photographs, sounds and objects help to tell his story. Outside, the formal garden is the result of three centuries of inspired planting, and the gently undulating historic parkland is great for exploring.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Blickling Estate must surely be one of the best NT properties to visit.
From the minute we arrived on a beautiful spring day we enjoyed every minute we were there the grounds,walled garden and house are immaculately maintained and a credit to the staff.
We will definitely be returning here in the near future as we enjoyed it so much.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank SteveNKerry
Write a ReviewReviews (1,382)
All reviews
in 14 reviews
"room guides"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Worth seeing. Lots of parking but was very crowded when we went in. A nice walk in from parking, there is a nice pub for a meal near the parking. The house is good, well stocked, you see about half of it. Not the nicest house I have been to but still interesting.

The grounds were pretty and well laid out. If the sun ever comes out in England, go have a picnic here.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Gardens lacking colour, would have liked to see more spring bulbs dotted around.
couldn't take dog on lead in garden unfortunately! had a nice walk through the very peaceful park, shame Lake walk closed, and also church access due to renovation

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We decided to go to Blickling Estate on good Friday. There was a lovely trail which cost £3 per child. My children are 4 and 2 and really got in to the spirit of finding the clues. It’s a really beautiful place to be even on a grotty bank holiday. We parked for free as my friend is a member.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I currently have problems with arthritis in my hip. The friend I was with went to ask if we could park in the disabled parking spaces and was immediately given a temporary permit to do so without question (they hadn't even seen me). The steward in the dining room saw me limping and asked if I would like to use the lift and I was told how to take a short cut to get me back to the lift.

Didn't have time to go round the gardens but did have a cup of tea and excellent date slice in the tea room.

1  Thank sueallen50