See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2017

The four former lock keepers houses sit right above the Ohio River and have a wonderful view of the river and the sunrise. At the end of a dead end street, there is complete privacy at his location. The house have been meticulously restored to their original look and filled with period antiques. They are roomy and homey. The only complaints we had was NO INTERNET and they keep the houses at 80 degrees. YOu can adjust the AC, but in houses this old it takes many hours for them to cool down. As we were staying there in mid July we were very hot.

Room Tip: Ask the folks to adjust the heating/cooling BEFORE you arrive.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jwag07, Public Relations Manager at Golconda Lock and Dam 51 Homes, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Thank you for the review! Internet service is something we are seriously looking into offering soon. Also thank you for the constructive criticism about the AC. I will take that to our board of directors. It is done in an effort to keep costs low when homes are not being occupied, but I will talk with the board about getting the temperature lowered before guests arrive. Again thank you for speaking up. We will try our best to address these issues. We hope you will come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

Louise H. I spent 3 days here recently. This is my second time. The house is furnished in beautiful antiques. The view is beautiful overlooking the Ohio river. So calming and peaceful. I plan to go back next year. Prices are very reasonable.. Also lots of places around the area to explore.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank crazygranny1946
Jwag07, Volunteer at Golconda Lock and Dam 51 Homes, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Glad you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

This is the second year a group of friends and I spent three nights at house #3. Again we loved our visit and plan to return again next year. Our house was well appointed~well taken care of~very comfortable and clean. The view from the large front porch is beautiful and peaceful~definitely a unique experience.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for sharing your experience. Hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

Just spent a three day weekend at a Golconda lock and dam house. This was a wonderful experience. The view was spectacular. House was spacious furnished in period/antique furniture. Many nearby attractions. Just a wonderful relaxing experience. Definitely will return.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed 15 April 2015 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed our stay. Was very pretty and relaxing. The view of the river from the hottub, at sunset, was perfect. We also enjoyed several family meals we were able to prepare on the grill and enjoy gathered around the large dining room table. My 4 children are from ages 10 to 15 and they are ready to go back. The house was very clean and well maintained. I highly recommend a relaxing weekend in one of these homes.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family