“Dirty Room, Paint Peeling, Sheets Not Changed, Ceiling Dirty From Smoke”

Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Galesburg
Reviewed 25 June 2010

My family stayed at this hotel in a pet room. The wall paper was peeling off the wall, the bedding had not been changed Spots Etc... The lady who cleaned our room stated that the day before there were two boys who had cleaned the room and did not due the job well. However she at that time did change all the bedding. My husband tipped her for that, but it should have been clean already!!! The bathroom would get EXTREMELY wet even the ceiling and water would drip on your head. I feel even though we are in a pet room and paying $90.00 a night the room should still be clean. The only good thing was the courtyard which was nice it was right off our room so we could walk the dog. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank aspire42

Reviewed 11 June 2010

I stayed for a week in June 2010. The rooms are your basic hotel rooms. But they were very clean. I had no problems with any drains or of the room smelling, so I don't know what that is about. The grounds were very well maintained and there is a nice little courtyard between the buildings to sit and relax. There is wireless internet in the room I was in and it was very fast plus there is an ethernet port if you're wired but no cable available. Housekeeping was fantastic. I was in building "A" and Helen the housekeeper did a fanatastic job making my stay as comfortable as possible. She is the reason I'm writing this room. She just made everything fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2010

We went to visit relatives in Galesburg this Memorial Day W/end & were debating betweeen BW or Holiday Inn Express....basically choose this BW based on it's larger pool. Upon check - in, we were off. When I walked up to the front desk & stated that I would like to check in I was greeted by a sarcastic remark "Of Course You Do". Isn't that why people use hotels ? It doesn't get much better . I also asked " from the same 20 something dark haired larger girl" for x-tra pillows & towels be delivered to my room . I knew I would need those items & was asked " You want them now?" Ummm---Yeah. Didn't I just ask for them? I'm thinking REALLY? #$%^$@#^ !! Anyway....went to our family BBQ & had a very nice day....back at the hotel around 1am, exhausted. Guess what !!! No xtra pillows or towels. The room itself was alright, but the fact that the service was so poor & pool area wasn't as clean as it could be.. I would recommend trying the HI express. It's about the same $$ & breakfast is included too.
Another quick note about the rooms....My family stayed in building A on the second floor. That building was maintained seemingly well however other family members stayed on the ground floor building E & the room was stinky & they did comment about holes in the bathroom walls with exposed pipes....Just thought I'd mention that too.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank ChicagoFirewater
Reviewed 23 May 2010

1. Our room smells liked a sour ashtray, even though the motel supposedly went non-smoking 2.5 years ago.
2. There were exactly two outlets our room, each overloaded with dust-covered multiple extension cords. When did this place last pass a fire inspection?
3. We tried to check in at 2:50 pm, along with several others who had shown up a bit early, and the desk clerks were openly rude, turning people away because it wasn't 3 pm. And one clerk said loudly, "After 3 o'clock, you're not my problem anymore because I'm out of here." Nice.
4. Beat-up scarred furniture.
5. None of the drains drained at all.
6. No wireless - you're tethered by a very short ethernet cable to the grody desk.

This place may look ok on the outside, but it's no bargain. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tinsel1939
Reviewed 29 April 2010

good room, clean, friendly staff. I stayed one night and would recco as it is right off the interstate highway.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galesburg
6 km away
26.5 km away
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monmouth
0.5 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg

Been to Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!