All reviewson site restaurantknox countyplace to stayin townfitness roombeds were comfortablestaff was friendlycrystalbwilinterstate
Reviewed 14 December 2011

As Chairman of the AECOI, we found the Best Western, Prairie Inn, Galesburg, Illinois to offer not only exceptional service with our AECOI Convention, December 7, 8, and 9th, 2011 held in Galesburg, Illinois, superb rooms, excellent food and quality attention.

We feel Galesburg is quite fortunate to have such a wonderful facility in our community and invite everyone to experience the Best Western, Prairie Inn, Galesburg, Illinois.

Bill Butts
Chairman of the AECOI

Room Tip: Very nice choices in rooms, foods, etc., located right off of I-74.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Kathy F, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Dear Mr. Butts,
Thank you so very much for the kind words that you posted in regards to the staff and accomodations that you and your group had at the Best Western Plus Prairie Inn in Galesburg, Il. We love to hear that we are providing Exceptional Guest Services to our guests.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Thank you again!
Kathy Fowkes CHS
G.S. Manager
Best Western Plus Prairie Inn

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Today, when my husband was informed he had to have surgery for a blocked bile duct, I called to cancel. I was informed that I couldn't cancel boecasue I used the online reservation system and that basically, I should have seen that when I made the reservation. I travel for business every week and have other occasions where things happen and I have to cancel. NEVER has a hotel told me no...regardless of the policy. I was even going to change my reservation date because I will have to be back there to complete my work. But the rudeness I encountered is unacceptable. To charge me $140 becuase I have to attend to my husband's illness is poor customer service. I lwill not allow this hotel or the Best Western brand my business again if this is how they treat their customers. Oh, and did I mention that Russ, who answered my call, also told me he can make changes when he LIES and says the customer made a mistake when they reserved their room. Apparently, he wasn't in the lying mood today. Nice. Enjoy my money you stole from me.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Laurin H
prairieinn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Dear Laurin,

Let me first apologize for the perceived rudeness of my staff. I can assure you that the Guest Services Agent has been talked to in regards to this issue.

I would also like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. It is the Best Western Plus Prairie Inn policy of a 24 hour cancel.You must cancel your reservation at least 24 hours before your arrival. I have looked into your emergency circumstances and your credit card has been credited with the one nights stay that was charged to you. You should see that on your credit card statement by now.

I hope that you give us another try at the Best Western Plus Prairie Inn. We would like to show you what Complete Guest Satisfaction is all about.

Should you have any questions or comments for me, I can be contacted at (309) 343-7151 ext 662.

Kathy Fowkes CHS
Best Western Plus Prairie Inn

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Very nice, very good staff, the best pillows, a bit pricey for the hotel, but it was a special weekend at Galesburg (Railroad Days or something). The bathroom was small, but I understand that they have completely remodeled, so they probably couldn't avoid it. Check-out and -in was super-quick. Super-quiet.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
prairieinn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary letter. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Prairie Inn the next time you are in Galesburg, Illinois. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years, there have been many major improvements over the past year. The rooms have been completely remodeled, lighting in halls have been changed, pool was remodeled, outside of the building has been upgraded and the banquet area has been remodeled. Major improvements!! Keep up the great work! The staff are always willing to help and are very friendly. If you have tried them in the past and were not happy I highly recommend trying them again with all the changes!

Room Tip: All rooms are smoke free but if you are a smoker you can ask for a garden room and if they have it available they will give it to you. It allows you to step onto a patio to smoke.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
prairieinn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary review. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus Prairie Inn the next time you are in Galesburg. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

First of all you must remember... you are in Galesburg, Illinois! Last time I checked there is a shortage of 5 star Hyatt Regencies or Ritz Carltons . We stayed here for a wedding and expected a typical Best Western. We were suprised to find it above our expectations. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The lobby was large and inviting. We had a great time at the bar. Dorine the bartender was the best and kept it open for us past closing time. We all had a blast. Best option in Galesburg.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
prairieinn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2011