“Beautiful”
Review of Goldmoor Inn

Goldmoor Inn
Ranked #7 of 33 Galena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I won a free two night stay and dinner at the Goldmore at a Wedding Show. The place looked beautiful and we were very excited to get away. We booked our reservations and ended up in the tower suite. The room was beauitful. It was a little odd though on the first floor was a bathroom, dinning room, small kitchen. Upstairs was the bed, a fire place, and a hot tub. Everytime you wanted to use the restroom you had to go all the way downstairs. It was slightly annoying. They delievered breakfast to our room each morning. We just had to call and let them know what time we wanted it. The food was ok. Nothing fabulous. They had french toast one mornign that was good. Most of the time the food was on the cold side and we ended up getting breakfast someplace else. The resort is very far off the beaten path so it can be a hall if you want to go into Galena. Our complaint was that they did not offer any types of small snacks or a place to purchase a milk or something if you were thirsty or hungry in the middle of the night.

We ate at their resturant. The food was actully very good, but not something I would want to spend the money for ourselves. It was very pricy when you looked at the menu. Overall our stay was nice. I think they have a ways to go in order to be the facility they are trying to be. I was imagining an amazing romatice get away in galena and in the end i felt like it was just a nice stay in a nice hotel room. THey need to add a little more personal touches.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer N

Reviewed 10 February 2012

The staff was great and this place is absolutely gorgeous! My husband and I can not wait to return next year. I fell in love with the Midwest because of the Goldmoor. Thank you for making our trip so enjoyable. I loved the big oversized bed and sauna bath tub. I felt like a Queen. I can not wait to come back next year.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I've stayed at the Goldmoor Inn several times over the last 10 years. They never get old, or repetitive. I always feel like I've suddenly gone back in time to when I was younger, and didn't have a care in the world. Why do I feel this way? Because they have already thought of everything, before I've reached them. The accomodations are the best, and the ambiance and view takes be back to a much more simple time. No buildings blocking the view, no traffic clogging up my path. Heavenly relaxation, and rejuveination! If you missed this, you might as well have stayed home!

Room Tip: To stay out of the way, choose a cabin. For a good view, Mississippi Suit!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I enjoyed our stay at the Goldmoor last week. I appriciated the decor, as the Arthur Suite was decorated toward more of a man taste. We enjoyed the quite time and breakfest was to die for. I recommend this place and we will be visiting again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We stayed at the Goldmoor Inn for a family wedding. The rooms were spacious. My family of four fit in the room and we were more than comfortable. I enjoyed my stay at the Goldmoor so much that we purchased a gift card to give to our good friends. We also recommended the Goldmoor to a couple for their honeymoon. Both of the couples had a wonderful stay at the Goldmoor. They loved it.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family