USD 99
USD 95
Country Inn
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites(Galena)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/08
USD 112
USD 109
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 239
Annie Wiggins Guest House(Galena)(Great Value!)
USD 262
USD 244
USD 315
USD 250
Free cancellation until 03/08
USD 110
USD 107
Alice's Snyder House(Galena)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
USD 156
USD 243
Belle Aire Mansion Guest House(Galena)(Great Value!)
USD 118
Orbitz.com
Farmers Guest House(Galena)
USD 216
USD 194
All reviewsbreakfast was deliciousfront porchwonderful experiencecraigweekendwinehistory
Reviewed 3 May 2015 via mobile

Last minute decision to stay overnight in Galena - we were fortunate to get the last room at the Avery Guest House. Great location just a few blocks from Main Street, easy walking to and from shops and restaurants. Lovely hosts and a good hearty breakfast to start the day. Five stars for the evening dessert of frosted brownies!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katherine M
Reviewed 3 December 2014

This was the first time that we stayed at the Avery Guest House and I would definitely recommend it. Leslie and Craig were fantastic hosts and made us feel more than welcome. The breakfast was delicious and so was the company. Leslie had it beautifully decorated for the Christmas season. Our room and bed was very comfortable. My friend needed a place to sleep sitting up and there was a small sofa and foot rest that accommodated her needs. The location was very close to Main Street which was just a couple of blocks away.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2014

My daughter and I had a little time off and decided to go to our favorite town and favorite place to stay.This wasn't our first stay here and in no way will it have been our last.The hosts are just terrific people!When I made the reservation I was surprised that Leslie asked if my daughter was coming along!We again stayed in the Sandra Kay room which is a beautiful room.My daughter loves the tub.I love the little nook with a dresser in and a bench to sit by the window.We stayed in two of the other rooms too which are just as nice!We especially like the location too.Just a short walk to downtown that it seems like we are always visiting!We were surprised to hear that their dog passed away but got a new one which is darling!e aren't dog people but you can't help but fall in love with this little fello!We especially look forward to the nightly dessert that is always great!Craig is a really good cook!And every breakfast we ever had was delicious!The best part of breakfast is the conversation.This time leslie and craig joined us along with another couple.They really make you feel at home.And you learn something new every time!both are very knowledgeable about the town and all the little details.They were a few changes in restaurants that was good to know since it was a while since we have been back.There house is very beautiful and very welmaintaned.You can see how much pride they take in keeping it nice and how much they enjoy what they are doing.Thank you for another wonderful stayKeep up the good work!.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2014

The Avery Guest House was a very nice place to stay for me and my sister's girls get away weekend. We were celebrating my oldest sister getting married and this was a post celebration. This B&B was one of the few locations in Galena that could accommodate 3 adults. We stayed in their largest room which has it's own bathroom. The bed and pillows were decent. The pillows seemed rather old to me as there wasn't much left to them.

The owners were kind enough to provide a continental breakfast for us on our first morning there as we were unable to make it for the 9am big breakfast. We had spa appointments scheduled and were unable to move them. So bananas, a bag of grapes, granola bars, yogurts, waters, and juices were prepared and set aside for us when we departed for the spa. That was very sweet!

Breakfast was very good and filling. You won't leave hungry!

The owners were very knowledgeable about Galena and could definitely guide you where to go for anything including tours, shopping, and food.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2014

This was the first time I had stayed at a Bed & Breakfast in Galena, but it will definitely NOT be the last! The Avery Guest House was a wonderful experience, and I highly recommend them to everyone. Leslie and Craig were wonderful hosts, very friendly, helpful and interesting. We stayed for two nights, and each morning we were treated to a wonderful breakfast on fine china. Leslie actually changed out the china the second morning! The first morning we were served a breakfast casserole, English muffin, fresh fruit, juice and coffee and the second morning cinnamon raisin French toast, scrambled eggs, thick sliced bacon, fruit and yogurt and juice and coffee. Breakfast was served in the dining room at 9am, a perfect time so that we could sleep in if we wanted to. And the shops on Main Street open at 10am, so it couldn't have worked out better. I especially liked Craig's morning prayer before breakfast. For those early risers, coffee and tea is served in the upstairs sitting room early. There is also a fridge for guest use in that room. Guests are free to use the downstairs parlor in the evening and at 7pm a homemade dessert and coffee is served there. The first night we had pineapple upside down cake and the second night, lemon cupcakes. Both nights were a treat. One evening we enjoyed our dessert on the big back porch, which is also available for the guests. Craig was especially considerate to fill our water bottles with ice water each morning so we could stay hydrated while shopping. All four rooms are on the second floor, but the stairway is broken up by three landings, which makes the stairs easier to climb for those with physical disabilities, as one of my friends has. She did not have too much of a problem with the stairs and could rest going up and coming down on the landings. My friends stayed in the Lydia Rebecca room, which is the largest of the rooms. It has a queen bed and a twin sleeper sofa, as well as a fireplace. I stayed in the Carla Ann room, which also had a queen bed and a sleeper sofa, as well as a stove type fireplace. My room had a walk-in shower and the sink was in the main room, which is nice when you are sharing a room with a friend or spouse. The entire house has central air and heat, and each bedroom also has it's own window air conditioner and ceiling fan, as well as a table fan, so that you can customize the room temperature to your own liking. There is plenty of free parking in the street in front of the house and it's just a short distance from Main Street. Highway 20 runs behind the house a bit, and there was some road noise in our rooms in the morning, but it quieted down in the evening and by the second day I hardly noticed it anymore. The bed was extremely comfortable and both nights I got a wonderful night's sleep. About a week after returning home, I was very surprised to receive a hand written note from Craig & Leslie, thanking me for staying and inviting me back again! And I definitely will be back on my next visit to Galena. I highly recommend The Avery House B&B for a wonderful experience!.

Room Tip: Carla Ann is the first room at the top of the stairs and has a twin sofa bed, so can sleep three if necessary. Same with Lydia Rebecca, which is at the opposite end of the hall.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends