“Must go! ”

Cuisines: French, German
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I make sure to eat dinner here every time I’m in Galena. I had the mussels this recent visit and they were fantastic. We also had schnitzel, Mac and cheese, the split pea soup, and fries. Everything was amazing! We topped it off with a bottle of wine and it was a great dinner.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Loved it. My wife and I had the schnitzel reminded us of my grandmothers cooking. Also the beer selection made my day. Service was superb. We will always go
Back.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I made a promise to a friend from Germany that I would try Rindsrouladen with a side of red cabbage at some time. We had been browsing through previous travel guides when I saw the ad for Fritz and Frites and I told him I would try it when my daughter and I went for a weekend get-a-way. He made me PROMISE to try this dish. I am so grateful for his recommendation!! It was amazing. The sides of spatzel and red cabbage are a perfect compliment to this dish. The salad with mixed greens, thinly sliced radishes and carrot shavings with their signature dressing was also worth the extra price. If you're in Galena, plan a visit to Fritz and Frites for a relaxing dining experience. The service was also excellent!! Enjoy!!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

My Boyfriend & I had dinner at a window table. Escargot, Lamb, & Salmon. All very good. I had good Spanish wine. He had an excellent German beer.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Fabulous cuisine in an intimate and romantic setting! Wonderful service and a fantastic wine selection! One of our faves!

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to Fritz and Frites? Share your experiences!