All reviews old building great hotel union dairy top floor attached restaurant downtown area an older hotel plenty of parking small town best hotel in town complimentary breakfast rooms were very clean only complaint shower head refrigerator and microwave visit family staff was friendly
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Beautiful hotel, clean rooms, the breakfast is outstanding. I would give 5 stars, however the mattress was to old and springy. I would recommend. And would stay again. The front desk clerk said the company is going to be redone so hopefully they will buy new beds!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 18 July 2017

One of the worst experiences EVER. There were strands of hair in the bathroom and on the chair. I complained about to two different people at the front desk. One lady made a note, but nothing was done. On checking out I mentioned it again and the attitude was pretty much "oh well....well if u need anything let me know "

After complaining, the next day my room wasnt serviced. Was told one cleaning ladywas out and the other quit that day.

I was going to be in town for 6months, asked for a fridge and microwave and was told they were all out but i could use an ice bucket or the fridge downstairs.

The food in the morning was horrible. Could not wait to get out of there.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Loraine P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

I am sorry you had such a bad experience at our hotel. We love our guests and try to make sure each stay is a great one and when we fail that we do take it to heart. I believe I emailed you regarding your stay when you did the Hampton survey if you could respond to that it would be greatly appreciated. We hope in the future you will give us a chance to wow you.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This appears to be a historic hotel that was transformed into a Hampton many years ago. The lobby and guest rooms don't differ much from the typical Hampton. What sets this Hampton apart is the staff. All were very friendly and helpful. Nicked one star primarily because of the parking. The lot next to the hotel is poorly paved. There's another lot directly across the street that is in better condition, but you do have to cross a somewhat busy street to get to it. No place to plug in an electric car. Location is in downtown Freeport, which seems to be in somewhat of a decline.

Room Tip: A/C is near bed. I turned it off to avoid noise & wind chill.
1  Thank EnviroTravel
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

It was a very nice and neat place. The rooms were clean and nice and the beds were comfortable! The people were nice and friendly and food was good. My children's only complaint is the pool was very shallow. Barely a wading pool...

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank shelpiggy
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights. Air conditioner was perpendicular to the bed. When it cycles on you'll freeze.

Mattress slips off the side of the bed. I fell off twice. My back still hurts a week later.

By 0830 breakfast is slim pickings.

Staff is polite and cheerful.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Loraine P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Hello I am sorry you had an issue with your room during your stay with us. Thanks for the feedback and I will be looking into this. We value our guests and try to do our best to keep them coming back. Hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Freeport area.