“Glad I kept looking ”

Price range: USD 12 - USD 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Regional American dishes prepared with the finest ingredients, featuring prime steaks, fresh caught fish and seafood, free-range poultry and vegetarian options. Prairie Moon pours Evanston’s most unique selection of small batch and craft beers, spirits, and wines, highlighting the best from the United States and around the world. Whether you are stopping in for a quick business lunch or enjoying a leisurely weekend dinner you will always feel at home at Prairie Moon.
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Hours listed on TripAdvisor wrong (open until 11pm not 4pm) and old location on Wade (just had grand reopening 4 days ago)

Food choices are eclectic in a good way. I paired the Painted Soup with Brussels and Bacon and of course draught beer. Made for a very good later evening dinner. If I was looking for a more filling meal, those choices are there, too.

I "grade" hard so they didn't so they didn't get (from me a rare) "5", probably because it was not full at the hour I was there but it was kind of loud. I don't know if more bodies would actually deaden the sound or add to it.

If I could give decimal values, it might have been a 4.7. Might have to think about bringing my wife here when we're in town for a football game. (I was in town for business.)

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We waited when we heard that Prairie Moon was moving from its location on Sherman Ave. to its new location at 1635 Chicago Ave., about two blocks away. We weren't sure if the new location would be as good as the original. We decided to try Prairie Moon again and found that the new location is better than ever. We started with a bowl of painted soup, which is roasted squash, tomato purees, poblano with toasted pepitas. We then shared a blue crabcake salad which came with two crabcakes, avocado, roasted corn, tortilla strips and a cilantro ranch dressing. There was more than enough for us to share. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The prices were reasonable. It did seem that parking was a lot easier at their new location at 1635 Chicago Ave.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I've been there several times and have never been disappointed. I hope the quality remains the same at their new location.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My family and I love Prairie Moon and anxiously await the opening of their new space ( the old Dave's Italian Kitchen ). From salads to entrees and poy boy sammy's it's all delicious!

They also serve a wide variety of local beers. Oh and the baked cookies at the bar is a sweet touch.

Miss u PM!!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Enjoyed 2 Sunday lunches here over 2 weeks for my own Bday with friends then family & love it so much! Great service, fantastic food & unbeatable prices...

We had servers Benjamin last week & Ella today, both super friendly & accomodating.

They are moving in a couple of weeks then re-opening in a new location -Yay as we Love it here!

Some of our Foods:
Painted Soup - everyone Loves this!
Fish chowder - yummy, Not creamy but brothy, super strong flavors which we liked
Cedar plank Salmon - the Best***
Soy & sesame Pork Medallions - tasty but bit salty
Etouffee - very flavorful
Margarita Ck Tacos - good, tender
Blackened Fisg Tacos - great
Blackened Salmon Club - one of my all time Fav
Battered Shrimp - nice & crunchy

Keylime Pie - Wow
Chocolate Cake - Sooooo Good, moist & perfect, not too sweet!!!

Date of visit: March 2018