“More Than I Expected” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Evanston
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“More Than I Expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed here in October 2011 and still feel compelled to write a review. I moved to Chicago for a job and stayed at this hotel until I found an apartment. The room itself was cleaner and more comfortable than I expected, but the service really put it over the top. The employees were incredibly helpful with everything... restaurant recommendations, directions, etc. I was told that the cars in the parking lot were watched all night on camera. I felt very safe and cared for. Makes me think I expect too little of other Super 8's I've been to!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Right down the street from Loyola, this is a great place if you are visiting the campus. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds on the second floor facing N. Sheridan and had no problem with sound or light getting thru the curtain. Small fridge and microwave are nice, and the breakfast is good enough with juice, coffee, oatmeal and pastries. Nothing fancy but it kept the kids happy. The room was clean and the temperature was good. Only small complaint that the hot water was not really hot, no matter what time of day, and the mirror in the bathroom was a little too high for the shorter members of the family.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mrmervis
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

My husband and I visited Chicago during May 2011 and our stay in the Super 8 was great. The staff was very helpful and the parking was free, which is saying something considering Chicago. I recommend this Super 8 for a stay on a budget.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Chesterfield, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

This is not a luxury property, but we were impressed that it was clean and looked to have an franchisee that cared about providing a decent, basic stay. Parking is tight - but is also free and even though we have a minivan we were able to get a space each night.
Our room was spacious and clean: great king size bed (pillows aren't great!), good iron and ironing board and decent TV and free WiFi. We were in 304 - only a view of back roof and apartments; opposite rooms probably look toward the lake - which is only a block away.
Being located on Sheridan, there are lots of restaurants, Starbucks, etc., heading south toward town, and the access to both Evanston (north) and Lake Shore Drive (to go to the city) is great! If you need a place near the universities or Rogers Park, and don't require high-rise luxury, try it out.

Room Tip: Try to face the lake.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

This hotel was a fair hotel until I had an issue with not getting my Wyndham rewards points. I made the reservation under my name, but my boyfriend paid. Management changed the reservation, and put it under his name without my authorization. Therefore, I didn't receive my points. When I called to take care of it, the employee who I talked to, refused to tell me when the manager was in, refused to take a message and hung up on me more than once. This was going to be our little get away, but the service ruined it for us. You lost a soon-to-be loyal customer.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Evanston hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Evanston
3.6 km away
4.4 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston
8.0 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore

Been to Super 8 Chicago IL? Share your experiences!