“Best Ribs in Chicago. Period.”
Review of Russell's Barbecue

Russell's Barbecue
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Elmwood Park
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 10 June 2007

I have been going to Russell's Barbecue since I was a kid. Since then I have eaten in a dozen barbecue places in Chicago. Hands down Russell's Barbecue is the best.

Their ribs are really tasty. No chunks of fat, like other places.
They are just perfect. Just tough enough to stay together. Just soft enough to fall right off when you take a bite. The sauce is also the best in Chicago. Not over sweet. Like other places. And it has the right amount of zing.

Their pulled pork and pulled beef sandwiches are also perfect. Most other BBQ places have huge chunks of fat in them. None at Russell's Barbecue. All meat.

2  Thank gregdove

Reviewed 15 June 2005

This was and still is my all time favorite resturants for beef or pork sandwiches. I've been going here since I was a little girl, and still go.
Now I take my kids to Russells and they love it. My kid are very picky about what they eat. I would like them to open more resturants, they are far, but worth the drive. Barney's does not compare. Russells uses better quality beef and pork no gummies, and stuff their sandwiches full.

5  Thank Sandy G