“Love RUSSELLS”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

There is no other sauce like it ... The ribs are grilled perfectly .. I load my fries in the sauce an the bun that comes with ribs are so soft . THE SOUP is always amazing doest matter which one you get. Yummy onion rings . They have bar in the back an slots .

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 7 March 2018

To answer another post, the sauce is not nasty, it is fabulous, my entire family loves it! It is very different than most sauces, I will give them that. The flavor they may not have been accustomed to is Tamarind. It is kind of spicy like cinnamon. I don't live around there now, but can still buy the sauce for use at home, which I do frequently. It's not a dump, but it is a local place. If you are looking for "fancy", go to Carson's Ribs. I will be just fine at Russell's with my barbecue ham, drinking the sauce out of the small containers, just as my parents and grandparents did before me, thank you very much!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank sberry500
Reviewed 24 February 2018

The sauce has a noticeable cinnamon flavor. Some people may like it, but it is not my thing. I always try ribs first at a BBQ joint and they were just OK. The average age of the staff is at least 60 and they can be a bit surly. I agree with another review that the dining area looks like the dining hall at a summer camp. There are much better options around Chicago.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Mark37Chicago
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Delicious BBQ beef sandwich and outstanding Cole slaw--and baked potato is available. They new management has made great improvements in beef quality. Can't wait to go back. Been going there for years but beef had gotten a little fatty. Not anymore!!! Really great again. Don't miss this treat. Very casual place. Very old but great

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

What a dump two burgers cost me 25 bucks I was on my way to the hotel from hell it was December 23 on my way to Mexico so my wife and I stopped for a quick bite we had to guess how to order no one helped us the food was horrible and over priced there was a big mouth old man sitting by the entrance talking on the phone about his alcoholic relative who is waiting for a liver transplant like I wanted to hear that before my meal he was sucking down beers we got our burgers and sat down when I went to the washroom to wash my hands the bathroom must’ve been 50 years old this place needs a makeover a remodel or they should just burn it to the ground the lady who took our order was really nice and that’s about the only nice thing I can say or the mr pip was ok , stay away from this one.

Date of visit: December 2017