“Love Russell's, have been going there for 50 years!”
Review of Russell's Barbecue

Russell's Barbecue
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Elmwood Park
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 7 March 2018

To answer another post, the sauce is not nasty, it is fabulous, my entire family loves it! It is very different than most sauces, I will give them that. The flavor they may not have been accustomed to is Tamarind. It is kind of spicy like cinnamon. I don't live around there now, but can still buy the sauce for use at home, which I do frequently. It's not a dump, but it is a local place. If you are looking for "fancy", go to Carson's Ribs. I will be just fine at Russell's with my barbecue ham, drinking the sauce out of the small containers, just as my parents and grandparents did before me, thank you very much!

1  Thank sberry500

Reviewed 24 February 2018

The sauce has a noticeable cinnamon flavor. Some people may like it, but it is not my thing. I always try ribs first at a BBQ joint and they were just OK. The average age of the staff is at least 60 and they can be a bit surly. I agree with another review that the dining area looks like the dining hall at a summer camp. There are much better options around Chicago.

1  Thank Mark37Chicago
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Delicious BBQ beef sandwich and outstanding Cole slaw--and baked potato is available. They new management has made great improvements in beef quality. Can't wait to go back. Been going there for years but beef had gotten a little fatty. Not anymore!!! Really great again. Don't miss this treat. Very casual place. Very old but great

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

What a dump two burgers cost me 25 bucks I was on my way to the hotel from hell it was December 23 on my way to Mexico so my wife and I stopped for a quick bite we had to guess how to order no one helped us the food was horrible and over priced there was a big mouth old man sitting by the entrance talking on the phone about his alcoholic relative who is waiting for a liver transplant like I wanted to hear that before my meal he was sucking down beers we got our burgers and sat down when I went to the washroom to wash my hands the bathroom must’ve been 50 years old this place needs a makeover a remodel or they should just burn it to the ground the lady who took our order was really nice and that’s about the only nice thing I can say or the mr pip was ok , stay away from this one.

2  Thank Lowllama
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Our food was served cold and not what was ordered. I was already sitting with the food when my husband went up to get a knife because they failed to give him one and ask for the correct side item. They demanded we return my entire plate. I was already eating cold food. It would have been ice by the time they got the sides right. On top of that, the meat was dried out. He had to come back to remove the incorrect item and bring it to them, while the food continued to get colder before they would replace the item.

2  Thank LVDDW