“Carryout pizza reviewed”

Two Brothers From Italy
Ranked #34 of 163 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

This is a limited review about my Two Brothers carryout pizza experiences. (I know nothing about the in-dining food, prices, and service.)

Authentic Italian recipes from a real family tradition. Good taste, probably from quality ingredients, nice flavor blending of the crust, sauce, and cheese. I like the thin crust; almost a crisp cracker flaking with a bit of chewy dough throughout. The chewy part isn't concentrated at the pizza center. Don't know how they do that. An extra large feeds 4 hungry men. Leftovers can be successfully microwaved yielding a thin chewy throughout, but tender crust. Sauce actually seems better reheated.

What is remarkable to me about the pizza is that: the pizza tastes exactly the same as it did when this place opened long time ago. (in the 1980's?). That is to say: very good. As far as I can tell the recipe, preparation, and ingredient quality is the same. An OLD authentic recipe.

Not cheap, but competitively priced with other pizza makers who have a less desirable product.

SUMMARY

An far-above average, maybe excellent, authentic carryout Roman or Sicilian style, or Chicago style deepdish pizza at an average price. Downtown suburban location.

Easy access and easy to find from the south. If you're coming from the north, you might have to negotiate the dreaded Elmhurst Underpass, but it is better, if there no trains, to cross heading south on one-way N. Addison Av. ; then take the first left after the tracks. Voila.

Parking usually not a problem, but the place is across the street from the Metra West (Northwestern) tracks and station, and savvy suburbanites know what that means.

Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

Restaurant was pretty empty for 630 pm
It was a quaint little place downtown Elmhurst near the train station.

Servers were pretty Inattentive but friendly & helpful
Ordered the stuffed jalapeños & they came out still frozen so they were sent back.
When they returned they were burnt to a crisp & uneatable...
They redeemed themselves with the Italian beef sandwich. it was great!
I'd probably try them again

Reviewed 22 August 2015

This was one of those places tht you simply 'stumble' across while walking around looking for a place to dine. We had no preconceived notions as to what to expect or what to order so we went in 'cold turkey'. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food and the quantity was adequate. While we enjoyed the meal, it was leaning toward the 'upper' side of midrange expensive. The service was fine and all things being considered, you won't be disappointed walking away from this restaurant having consumed a delicious meal. This is one of the few places that got my "Arnold Palmer" request correct.

Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

Anytime we're in town this is one of the first stops we make. Love their food but their thin crust pizza is the best!!! And don't forget the cannoli for dessert.

Reviewed 27 April 2015

I wasn't impressed with the food, value or dining experience at this restaurant. The bruchetta (appetizer) was very odd. I was served garlic toast along with a bowl of chopped tomatoes/onions and was expected to spread the cold tomatoes/onions over the top of what was probably heated up frozen garlic bread. The garlic toast was not crunchy. It reminded me of grocery store garlic toast that's heated in your oven. I can do that at home. And having to spread my own tomato mixture over the top of my appetizer is just not how I expected to be served bruchetta. I found it very strange and not very good. I think that appetizer was $8, which I believe is too high for the quality. I had a "small" salad, which was just way too big ($10). It tasted fine. I believe it was fresh. But a small salad should serve one person, not two or more. I feel the waitress should have explained more when I was ordering as to what I would be receiving. My dinner companion had the breaded chicken dish (chicken parmigiana) which came with a small salad (it really was small, so that's good) and spaghetti with the chicken. When I sampled the spaghetti, I found it to be rather dull and tasteless. I didn't try the chicken itself. That dish was $14. Overall, the prices are too high. We didn't order anything to drink other than water and I'm glad because I felt I had already paid too much and didn't find it to be a good value. The restaurant itself is a small, old, cramped space. There's a main walkway down the center of the dining room and the wait staff and hostess walked back and forth, and back and forth, the entire time we were seated. The floor moved and bounced and creaked every time. There were a couple of parties who were loud. With all the movement of the floor and the loud patrons, I found the dining experience annoying. The staff was friendly and I have no complaint about the service. I just couldn't recommend this place or eat there again based on the taste, price, and atmosphere.