“Great pizza and service!”

Armand's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #18 of 160 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

We visited on a weekend, after going to the York Theater. Our service was great and the pizza delicious! Everyone there made sure we were taken care of and satisfied. We’ll definitely go back!

Reviewed 25 February 2017

We dined here with friends who chose Armand's as they had heard good things about it. The menu was typical Italian fare - various pasta dishes, chicken prepared 6 ways, pizza, etc. The food quality was good (not great) and was very unimaginative and basic. Chicken dishes were dry and overcooked. However, the service was worse. We were seated at a table for 6, which left us sitting awkwardly around the table so we could see and speak with one another. Our server was MIA at various times, so we would go fairly long periods without getting drink refills, etc. Not returning here anytime soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

We used to go to the original Armand's in Elmwood Park. As we just moved to Elmhurst we were glad to see an old friend. This location is great. If you like cold beer, great Chicago thin crust pizza then you must try. The service was very good even though the place was full. There are also many other options on the menu, but we came for the pizza.

1  Thank Ed N
Reviewed 27 January 2017

The food I had at this place was very good. We had two different pizzas, and three different appetizers. The taste was good and I enjoyed myself.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

We were having a dinner party and decided to give Armand's a go. We ordered specialty pizzas, wings, and fried veggies to-go. The food was promptly ready for our pick-up, nicely packed, and the service experience was good.

Unfortunately, there's not much more positive things to say. Pricing is swallowable, but the portion sizes are definitely on the small size given the prices (especially in the pizza and fried veggies arena). The most painful part is the quality of the food. The wings were dry from being over-fried. Likewise, the pizzas were also overcooked and lacking much toppings or flavor. So while I understand to-go food is not as fresh, I honestly cannot imagine the food would be too much better in-store and I was surprised other Tripadvisor reviews seemed to indicate so.

Given the poor food, average prices, and good service, I gave this place on overall average rating but the poor food definitely bugged me.