“Delicious!”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Description: Sarpino's offers the highest quality gourmet and specialty pizzas, authentic Italian pastas, calzones, hearty sandwiches and paninis, healthy fresh salads, succulent chicken wings, freshly baked garlic and cheesy breadsticks, desserts and beverages (You can view the Sarpino's Menu here or order online). We use only the highest quality ingredients in all our pizzas, including: •100% real Wisconsin made Mozzarella and Edam cheeses •Fresh dough hand-kneaded in our stores daily, based on authentic Italian tradition •fresh-packed sauces using only vine-ripened tomatoes •a proprietary mix of savory Italian spices •a choice of high quality meats (no artificial fillers) •the freshest garden vegetables for toppings and salads Our in-store technology keeps these ingredients fresh, but it's our innovative food preparation processes (and years of know-how in the kitchen) that enable us to deliver gourmet quality food at the fast speed customers demand. It's a difference customers can taste and it's why they come back again and again.
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

My husband, daughter, and I ordered carry out one day on the way back to our hotel in Lombard after shopping at Sam's. WOW! I had a personal pan cheese pizza and it was SO GOOD!! My daughter had a hot ham and cheese which she loved and my husband had the sausage calzone which he loved. I tried both of theirs and both were very good too!! I had a large green salad with my pizza and that was good too. The one thing we didn't care for much was an order of jalapeño poppers. They weren't cooked all the way and seemed very doughy like. Also the menu said cream cheese and we got cheddar cheese. I prefer the cream cheese. Everything else I'd order again though if we had one of these by us but we do not.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 25 July 2016

My Wife and I arrived the Chicago area very late on a recent trip. After 10 hours of driving we were very hungry. We asked the hotel front desk for late night delivery options and Sarpino's was the option they suggested. I ordered Meat Ravioli and my Wife ordered a Salad. The food arrived in good time. To bad it was just not very good. My Meat Ravioli were the worse I have ever had. When you would prefer Chef Boyardee you know things are not good. The sauce was OK but the Ravioli was filled with what was more sawdust like rather than meat. The filling was close to tasteless. Portions were large but I would have preferred quality to quantity. No matter how hungry I am this place is not a future option.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Toddb62
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Free delivery with no minimum purchase, loyalty points when you order online, and an automatic 15% off online orders. We ordered 3 pizzas, a dessert pizza, a salad, and mac - n - cheese bites. All of them were delicious and great value.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 21 April 2016

I ordered Sarpino's through grubhub. I placed my order and they gave me an hour estimate. It then changed to an hour twenty and then changed to 2 hours. At this point we received a confirmation that the food was on it's way. I was a bit irked about the wait and just wanted to double check the food at Sarpino's so I called them. The girl on the phone stated that they shut off Grubhub at the same time that we ordered so the order was not accepted. My biggest issue with this is that there was no apology and no customer service at all. After going back and forth she finally stated they could send us the food but they would have to make it and then find someone to deliver it. I asked for an estimate and she stated she couldn't give me one. I expressed my displeasure, and the closest I got to customer service on it was her letting me know that the General Manager takes care of Grubhub things. Not one I'm sorry, we apologize for the inconvenience, etc. I asked if I could talk to him regarding that and I received a "I guess you can talk to the shift manager that's all who's here". (Bad grammar and all). At this point it was 2hrs after we had placed the order. I waited on hold about 7 minutes before the manager rudely got on and stated "pick up or delivery". No apologies for the wait or anything. I explained that I was on hold for the manager and he stated, "I'm the manager". I let him know that I had placed an order and it was not made or delivered and he stated we're really busy let me just put you on hold. Which he rudely did. Again no apology. The girl came back on the line after about 5 more minutes and I told her that the manager had put me on hold. She told me that he was busy and couldn't talk to me right now and let me know she'd put me on hold. She did and again I waited. After 7 more minutes, I was livid and just gave up. I could not believe the level of customer service. I want to make it clear how unprofessional and unreliable Sarpino's is.

Date of visit: April 2016
Vel A, Owner at Sarpino's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Dear Nataly,

I would like to express my sincere apology in regards to the awful experience you had with us. I want to assure you that I taken steps to correct our employees' behavior in the above described situation and to also make sure that you and none of my store's customers will ever go through the same experience. As a token of our gratitude for your feedback I would like to offer you a $30 gift card which you can use towards your next visit with us. I can send it to you in the mail or through email also. If you would be so kind as to send me either contact information so that I can send the gift card. I do hope to hear from you again and once more would like to apologize for your unpleasant experience and bad customer service.

Sincerely
Vel Antonov
Sarpino's Pizzeria of Elmhurst

Reviewed 2 April 2016

The good: The on-line ordering. It was super easy and they don't make you Google around for coupons. There's a dropdown box with the special discounts right on the order page ... genius! Also, as I was driving into the lot I thought ... there is no way in "h-e-double hockey sticks" that I'm going to be able to get out of this lot and get to the south side of Elmhurst ... no flipin' way. But, despite the busy corner, it was surprising easy to turn right, shoot over the 3 lanes and turn left on 83. Was a relief. I really didn't want to drive north and turn around at Lake Street during rush hour.

The bad: A co-worker warned me before I left work that I wouldn't like it, so my expectations were pretty low to begin with. Normally, with low expectations, I'm pleasantly surprised when it's not so bad. However, it was my son who summed it up perfectly when he said, "I think I'm getting TMJ from eating this pizza". I knew exactly what he meant. The pizza was super chewy. Now, beef jerky is great, and pizza-jerky might be good, but that's not at all what I was expecting. It shouldn't be work eating a pizza.

I'm in the process of eating at every restaurant in Elmhurst, Illinois. See my other reviews on Trip Advisor.

Date of visit: April 2016