“Pricey But Very Good Recipes Overall, Great Service”

Roberto's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Roberto's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 160 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Charles Road
Reviewed 15 October 2017

This was my first visit here with family members who had been here before. The interior is a nice old-school East-coast style Italian dining room and bar with attentive and helpful fine dining service, and there's a pleasant outdoor patio. The menu is large and has all of the standard Italian favorites. They also had over 20 specials which was very impressive. Everything tasted fresh and homemade from excellent recipes. The only negative was the ravioli with bolognese was a bit salty. The lasagna was excellent. The pasta fagili soup was outstanding. The beans were neither mushy or hard and the flavor and consistency was smooth and rich. Best I've ever had. The portion sizes were generous. They have a good variety of gluten free items including gluten-free pastas. The house Cabernet was very drinkable. This restaurant is pricey for this town but definitely worth repeating if you don't mind a little splurge.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

ROBERTO'S is a high end Italian eating establishment . The food was excellent (as it always is ). The wine list is good . BUT the service was awful. We had a waitress who disappeared then returned 10 minutes later took an appetizer order disappeared again and after another 10 minutes a waiter appeared and asked if we wanted anything and knew nothing of the 1st order. . Very Disappointing .Will think twice about returning.

2  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Was just there Wednesday nite with 2 associates and like my Title says it was half bad and half good. I have always liked Roberto's over the years but this wasn't their best nite. I had the Tortellini with sausage & peas in Vodka Sauce, very good, flavor was there and plenty for the other 2 people to try. My other associate had the Osso Bucco, this was done very well and he said meat was very tender & flavorful. Now on to the 3rd person, he ordered a veal dish which was a veal chop, split in the middle and pounded flat, dipped in what I will call "unseasoned breadcrumbs" and fried. We noticed his displeasure after the 1st couple of bites and asked if I would try it. This was " not " an inexpensive choice, I had a taste of the veal and all I can say is that is was VERY FLAT in flavor. No distinctive taste at all!. I can't even explain the taste. He asked the waitress what they could do to improve it and she came back with an arugula salad on top of the veal. At the price he paid for his dinner, they needed to do something better than a salad. He was very disappointed to say the least. Well, I guess getting 2 out of 3 right isn't so bad. Don't know yet if we will be back.......

3  Thank Theresa N
Reviewed 8 September 2017

You cannot go wrong with any of the menu items. I really love the baked clams and of course the take-out pizza is to die for

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Food here is excellent, but my family and I come here regularly to sit at the front bar and enjoy the evening with Franco. He makes the experience so enjoyable. You can catch live music here as well on the weekends.

1  Thank Tony S