Days Inn Elk Grove Village/Chicago/O'Hare Airport West
USD 96*
USD 111*
USD 72*
USD 85*
Motel 6 Chicago - Elk Grove(Elk Grove Village)
USD 52*
USD 62*
USD 101*
USD 67*
USD 110*
USD 89*
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2012

OK, so the property is a bit of a dump. What do you expect for 50 bucks a night? Location isn't great, BUT they are the only cheap motel with a shuttle from O'Hare and their shuttle service is excellent - courteous drivers in a comfortable minivan with a scheduled return that departs on time. I have stayed here on several occasions and for an overnight stay between flights I think it is perfectly acceptable for any traveller. The hallways are a little creepy and reek of chemical cleaners - but at least that tells you it must be clean. Don't expect an elevator if you have a second floor room. Breakfast is nothing to get up early for. All of that pretty much comes with the territory at this price level.

The management of this hotel have chosen to invest in the ROOMS and that was a smart decision. They are comfortable. The bedding was of good quality (this is not the Hyatt, of course) and the pillow-top mattress was very nice. There were three good pillows on each queen bed. Bath amenities while not fancy, were perfectly adequate. Plenty of towels of adequate quality. Hot water did take a bit to get going but was also fine (I had to turn it down from it's hottest point). They have the arced out shower curtain rod (one of the 20th century's great inventions) so the bath is more than adequate. The INTERNET was fast and reliable. Walking down the (long!) hallway you'll notice 3 or 4 wifi routers all blinking away. If free in-room internet matters to you (it does to me) you'll appreciate not having to worry about your signal.

Finally, the SERVICE was great... fastest check in and out ever... less than a minute total, I believe. I just wanted to leave them a good review because their management really seems to be on top of things and I expect this property will continue to improve. If you focus on THE ROOMS this is not a dive at all. I didn't drink the water (though the ice maker worked and the ice was just fine) but I didn't notice any odors or "sulphurous" fumes. Don't know what those reviewers are talking about. Don't expect to be pampered, but you WILL get a good night's sleep and a hot shower with free wifi and a convenient airport shuttle for a price that's as low as anyone else in town.

Room Tip: If you stay on the second floor you DO get an "in room" refrigerator. Just open the sliding window and set your items on top of the air conditioner unit projecting outside the building. Worked great for me even at the end of April. I guess during the winter it would be more of an "in-room" freezer though!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Experience-Matters
DaysInnOrdWest, General Manager at Days Inn Elk Grove Village/Chicago/O'Hare Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to do review at TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The only reason one could possibly have for staying in this hotel is the inexpensive “park and fly” option. For the one night room rate of around $75, we were able to park for 9 nights. However, the shuttle, in both directions, only runs once an hour, so expect to sit and wait for quite a while. We called the hotel directly to make our reservations, and no one mentioned this fact. The shuttle takes about 20 minutes in each direction.
The hotel is located in Elk Grove Village, which is west of O’Hare. It is basically in the middle of nowhere, although there is a McDonalds next door. The place is rundown and unattractive. The only other person taking the shuttle with us looked at me and said, “Interesting hotel,” and not in a good way. The advertised fitness room is a closet with decaying machines. The breakfast is some donuts, cold cereal, and bad coffee.
The front desk person who “greeted us” (and I do use that term loosely) was extremely odd, unfriendly, and condescending in tone. He gave us a room on the top of a rickety staircase, and offered no help dragging our bags up. The room was shoddy and smelled moldy. The shower was okay, but was accompanied by rag-like towels and a very small bar of soap (don’t expect any shampoo).
An important tip – be sure to park in front of the hotel. The back lot is very deserted.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

I am sorry that you were disappointed with our service. I am truly sorry that I failed to provide you with my very best. I have discussed this situation with my entire staff to ensure it is not repeated. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Room & bath were outdated, but for the price I paid well worth it. Our room was large & spacious, the bedding was clean, towels were rough, but clean. Only shampoo & soap in bath. Definitely no extras, but once again a great value. Includes parking & free shuttle if you fly out of O'Hare. Shuttle was ready to go when my kids & I were in the morning, and picked us up within 20-25 minutes of calling when we returned. Shuttle is a newer mini-van - nice & clean. Breakfast was not worth eating - I didn't have anyting & my girls threw out their donuts, but there is a McDonald's right next door.

Front desk workers were very helpful & everyone was very nice, including our shuttle drivers. There was a truck w/ camping trailer parked behind me - the front desk worker came out and offered to back my car out for me when he couldn't get ahold of the owner. Since I was traveling alone with my kids & was exhausted after a full day of traveling, I thought that was a really nice touch!

I would definitely stay there again if the need ever arose.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristin C
DaysInnOrdWest, General Manager at Days Inn Elk Grove Village/Chicago/O'Hare Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed here for two nights late March and had no problems at all. The staff were friendly, polite, and helpful. The shuttle service worked great. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. TV with four HBO channels and well as the standard cable stations. The only thing from previous comments I can agree to is that the breakfast offerings are not up to par. Bagels would be a welcome addition.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
DaysInnOrdWest, General Manager at Days Inn Elk Grove Village/Chicago/O'Hare Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Reviewed 26 March 2012

We decided to stay here since it was cheap and near the airport. The shuttle service was absolutely horrible. It doesn't come on a regular basis and when we called to get a ride, they said that they only offered one shuttle ride per room. My friend and I were sharing a room and we were arriving to the airports at different times, so I ended up waiting at the airport for two hours before the shuttle came.
This policy about one shuttle ride per room is nowhere to be found in their terms and conditions. Also, the hotel itself is quite sketchy. It's worth it to spend $10 more and go somewhere else...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends