“A must stop”

Carl's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in East Peoria
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We knew we were passing a made a point to stop...we had visited here a number of years ago.

The pastries were flying off the shelves and no wonder, they are that good.

The selection was thinning so we had cinnamon rolls and glazed.

They were melt in your mouth heaven!

Worth a stop and repeat visit!

2  Thank Tobin L. B

Reviewed 12 July 2017

My wife and I happened to be in the area so we decided to stop at Carl's for breakfast. The place is "plain Jane". No tables with chairs, only a few booths to sit in. In fairness, 99% of their business is carryout donuts which are quite delicious. However, we had a typical breakfast which was good. The price is amazing... Three eggs, ham, hashbrowns and toast for $4.99!
'Nuff said

2  Thank Newport175
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Lived here for 11 years and finally stopped. They seemed to be under staffed that morning, but didn't stop people from lining up to get the stuff they liked. There were about 7 or so booths for people to sit at, and there seemed to be 2 tables of "regulars." I got a dozen assorted donuts and chose to wait the 15 minutes for a dozen fresh fritters to go. They were still warm when I got them to work and they went crazy fast. It won't take 10 more years before I go back.

2  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 11 April 2017

These are the best donuts in East Peoria. I would wait in a line to bring these home! I love the big chicken :)

3  Thank Sherie L
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Our group arrived unannounced and we were greeted and seat quickly. The Doughnuts are off the chart but the breakfast offering is appropriately sized for that bird. We all seemed to have different items. The sausage patties were and made to order because they were shaped and sized to reveal an excellent portion and the flavor did not come out of any ol'tube.

3  Thank Edward S