Open today: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Visiting Santa!

A great day out with a wonderful visit to Santa and his magical grotto! Everyone friendly and... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Jeanne H
via mobile
Santa visit 🎅🏻

We’ve visited Wheelgate a lot over the years and we think it’s fantastic! The only area letting... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
siobhanh_11
Matlock, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews roller coaster tropical house annual pass indoor play twin lakes climbing wall wheelgate park soft play animal area falconry display year olds bird show older kids alton towers plenty of picnic tables water area bumper boats
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

When I visited here when I was younger (back then called “Wonderland”) I remembered it being a really fun place to go. I hadn’t been since so decided to take my son for his birthday. On arrival we was told it was £15 (for two) which didn’t think was bad at all but then told 3 main rides weren’t working (including the train). Bit gutted but paid nethertheless and went through. We went straight to the tropical house... erm.. apart from one terrapin and some coy fish there wasn’t anything else. Some tropical house! The rest of the park felt run down and old in definite need of a makeover. The only bit my son enjoyed was the bouncy castle/trampoline built outside and the indoor large play area with the drop slides. Apart from that there really wasn’t much else to do. The wooden adventure climb was good but some of it shut off with metal barriers. Think we’ll stick to Sundown next time.

2  Thank Jammyjam101
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We live local and we have got an annual pass, it's aimed for kids, as a lot of the rides will not allow adults on.

The park in areas is looking out dated, but they have having things changed around at the moment.

We enjoy it for a day out, lots of different rides both in door and outdoor, also a water park, which will be good in the summer. Food and drink are not cheap, and not much choice, we normally take a pack lunch and have a picnic.

They also have different events on throughout the year, which is a nice touch, plenty of parking space.

I would recommend if you have young kids.

1  Thank Mark3k
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I have been coming here for years with my grandchildren it's a brilliant place to bring them, I have a annual pass and we have spent so many happy hours here loads to see and do the staff are so friendly and yesterday was fab feeding sheep handling snakes and the kinmon dragon fab.

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank Greggs07
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Brilliant! Superb friendly staff don't understand why there are bad reviews. Great place to visit !!!

1  Thank Aimee G
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Wanted to leave feedback. Today i attended with my 2 sons both at height i have to pay full peak price i also had to pay for myself full price although adults are not allowed nore fit on most rides. I also attended with my father,sister and her 2 sons one baby and other toddler who at the gate they said he would have to oay toddler price (just on line) but then on a few rides he was told he didnt meet the toddler line and we had to debate the fact we payed as a toddler.Huge point i have to rase is i payed peak pricex3 yet a few of the rides wernt working or were closed inc water park and maze if these are peak attractions why arnt they open when paying peak prices. Alot of the rides were also very run down. Hand dryers in toilets were useless and table in indoor picnic area dirty and didnt see anyone cleanning them whole time there. Because of these reason highlighted i will not be returning nore will i be recommending you to family,friends or people on my pages. Hope this feedback helps you make the changes necessary.

4  Thank emma s