“Not very good”

Robin Hoods Wheelgate Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Countless rides, ultimate slides, from chills to thrills, unlimited entertainment guaranteed with action, animals and acres of beauty! Wheelgate offers the best variety of family rides and attractions, set in 40 acres with countless attractions to entertain the whole family. Whatever the weather expect a full day of play in our Pharaohs Funderdrome with four floors of exhilarating and unprecedented adventures. Enjoy fascinating flying displays in the Falconry Centre and an amazing collection of friendly animals at our new Gruff Goat Farm.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Prior to getting in the park I thought £50 (approx) was very reasonable, after now having left I can see why it’s so cheap. The rides are all very dated,rusty and looking like they are at the end of a very long life. All the toilets were disgusting and stank with no signs of regular checks.
Everyone who I’d seen working there on the rides and cafe were kids.
Will give it a miss in future.

3  Thank lee g
"year olds"
in 29 reviews
"older children"
in 24 reviews
"plenty of picnic tables"
"alton towers"
in 14 reviews
"all ages"
in 42 reviews
"water area"
"bumper boats"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

When I visited here when I was younger (back then called “Wonderland”) I remembered it being a really fun place to go. I hadn’t been since so decided to take my son for his birthday. On arrival we was told it was £15 (for two) which didn’t think was bad at all but then told 3 main rides weren’t working (including the train). Bit gutted but paid nethertheless and went through. We went straight to the tropical house... erm.. apart from one terrapin and some coy fish there wasn’t anything else. Some tropical house! The rest of the park felt run down and old in definite need of a makeover. The only bit my son enjoyed was the bouncy castle/trampoline built outside and the indoor large play area with the drop slides. Apart from that there really wasn’t much else to do. The wooden adventure climb was good but some of it shut off with metal barriers. Think we’ll stick to Sundown next time.

2  Thank Jammyjam101
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We live local and we have got an annual pass, it's aimed for kids, as a lot of the rides will not allow adults on.

The park in areas is looking out dated, but they have having things changed around at the moment.

We enjoy it for a day out, lots of different rides both in door and outdoor, also a water park, which will be good in the summer. Food and drink are not cheap, and not much choice, we normally take a pack lunch and have a picnic.

They also have different events on throughout the year, which is a nice touch, plenty of parking space.

I would recommend if you have young kids.

1  Thank Mark3k
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I have been coming here for years with my grandchildren it's a brilliant place to bring them, I have a annual pass and we have spent so many happy hours here loads to see and do the staff are so friendly and yesterday was fab feeding sheep handling snakes and the kinmon dragon fab.

2  Thank Greggs07