“Great food but overpriced”

Benedicts Eggs & More
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in East Dundee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Their food is really good. I live in East Dundee and go to Benedicts often. Their food is absolutely delicious. I have never been disappointed. They serve Intelligentsia coffee which is amazing. The only con's I have is that the line is super long and it shouldn't cost 3 people over $50 for breakfast (including the tip). I realize the line is long because they serve good food, I just don't like to wait in lines to eat. I would definitely recommend checking this place out. Get a cup of great coffee while you wait!!

1  Thank LorrieP29

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I went here for a early lunch after hitting the garage sales in the area. Lots of estate and garage sales going on in the area. Perfect on Friday before the lunch crowd comes in. On the bike trail so a nice extra if you need a destination. I don't know if there is a bike rack. I had traditional eggs benedict. I do not like the benedict smothered in sauce so it is perfect for others you may want to ask for a little extra on the side to your tastes. The waitress was very pleasant and asked if I wanted an Ice Tea to go. A great suggestion in the hot summer and not much trouble for them. It is this type of kindness that I look for in a special restaurant. The parking is a problem in all of this area but I believe the city is trying to improve it. The walk on the bike/walking path is really safe and convenient from the busy side of the town.

1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 19 June 2017

We arrived 25 minutes after they opened. The parking lot was empty which made us wonder if they were not open. We walked in and were greeted warmly. We sat in the "tree room" when you go you will understand why it is called that. Had a great breakfast and waitress was semi- attentive. Given the lack of business ( one other table of six) I would have expected a more. We asked for potatoes for one breakfast and fruit with the other. We ended up with potatoes for both. We were never asked until we were finished if everything look okay. 4 stars only because of service. Would like to go back as they have many dishes out of the ordinary.

1  Thank Adam56
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

No parking ! My car got towed when I parked in the wrong area.$375 mistake.A very expensive meal and a wasted Sunday!

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Easter lunch or any day, you will not be disappointed. Everything on the menu looks delicious which makes it hard to choose. We tried the sangria (fabulous), crab cakes with poached eggs, Pot roast with eggs, heuvos Ranchero, and
Carmel apple strata for dessert (yum) . Already planning on coming back. Don't miss!

1  Thank Pineapple9699