“Perfect Date Night”

Cellar Door
Ranked #24 of 185 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Reviewed 26 June 2017

My husband and I went to the Cellar Door for the first time, and we loved it. They have many different wines and beers to choose from, and they also have food such as bacon wrapped dates and multiple options of flatbread. The presentation is lovely, and the food is delicious. There appear to be many regulars that chat with the staff and the cook comes out to chat, as well.

Jennifer took our order and was very prompt with service, especially as Cellar Door was packed for a steady 4 hours (the length of time we stayed to enjoy ourselves). She made good suggestions, and checked back with us frequently. The patrons are also usually local and very friendly. We met several different people from our town and chatting with them for a little bit.

TIPS:
This is a popular place, so get there early or be prepared to wait, especially if you want to sit outside. I would recommend sitting outside during nice weather for the ambiance and people watching.

I would highly recommend this locale.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Not my first, or last time at Cellar Door. They have a great selection of wine and I always enjoy sitting in or out side for a drink, light meal and visit. CD is small, generally busy (at least when I've gone). The surprise is that the food is quite tasty! The Cuban suerte is very good and big enough to share with a salad or appetizer. The southwest salad, the beet and goat cheese salads are both tasty and fresh. We tried the sweet Thai Chili flatbread pizza which was different and yummy.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

A friend was in town, so we opted to check out Cellar Door to have some dessert and wine. We were not disappointed, and I will return again and sit outside on a warmer day, though the inside atmosphere is nice. It is small. I had a nice white wine and the cheesecake...amazing!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

We've walked/driven by this place for almost a year and kept meaning to stop in. We purchased a Groupon ($12.00 for $20.00 worth of food/wine) and made it a point to go. The place is small and the tables are 'cozy.' There was a boisterous group of wine happy women who were a bit annoying but they got cut off and filtered out. If you're going to stay for more than one glass, buy a bottle. The bottles are advertised as being sold at liquor store prices so there is a $10 uncorking fee (still cheaper than a bottle markup at most restaurants) and you can take home any unfinished portion. We opted for the charcuterie board with 7 selections of meat/cheese and the bacon wrapped dates. Both were delicious and the perfect light dinner I was hoping for while still being flavorful. We would like to go back in the summer and sit outside to watch the going-ons of downtown Downers Grove.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Love this place!!! Very casual, wonderful wine selection, cheese flights and some other light eats. Huge wall of wine to chose from. Decent prices with just a 10.00 corking fee. Summers have outdoor seating available. We usually go about once every couple of months.