“Strangely Quiet”

Leona's Restaurant
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Leona's restaurant Des Plaines is Italian restaurant with tasty homemade food. The menu includes: appetizers, salads, pizza, pasta, diner dishes, sandwiches, burgers and desserts. We have gluten free items and kid's menu is available too. The restaurant has dine-in area, pick-up and delivery service. Kids friendly atmosphere and area for great parties. Party packages are available for groups over 20 people in our dine-in area. Catering orders for your party are welcome too.
Reviewed 19 August 2017

They must do a lot of takeout/delivery, but the food is always good and fresh. Burgers are phenomenal, soups, and salads are good. Pizza is average but still tasty. Nice place for variety and there's never a wait. Not meant as a slam - we like to go there because of this reason. Whether takeout, delivery, or eat in - you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 22 July 2017

My order was for delivery, I was at a hotel and unwilling to leave and deal with the logistics. I ordered a small variety of hot and cold food. I had to "register" to order. After that everything pretty much was pick and choose and displayed the items and cost / total etc. Online orders save 10%. The only problem experienced was not accepting the American express despite a place to enter it and after about five times somehow I hit cash and it flew thru ? Called the store to deal with the Amex and they suggested using a different card (they do not accept or does not work ). It did not take another card either ? I finally ended up with cash pay. The driver arrived in less than an hour (7 miles away). Everything was fine except the cheesecake that slopped around in the container. I would order again or dine there.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

This location is under new ownership and it is no longer worth eating at. I was never a huge fan of this location but recently it has become almost inedible. The new owners are Eastern European I think and are more interetsed sitting on the patio and smoking/talking loudly. Just not a good overall experience...and expensive

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

I've gotten carry out from here before-- always a burger -- and it's decent. "A little pink in the middle" means "medium rare" here. Haven't had any problems with delivery or anything.

Today we dined in for the first time. Seeing the reviews, I called ahead and put in my order at 5, saying we would arrive at 5:30. Sure enough it was ready exactly when we arrived. We had 3 different servers serving us and each one was happy, polite, helpful, funny, and great. They talked with my kids, even served them their first slices of pizza instead of me doing it! We got the order promptly and everything was correct, the bill was correct too... nothing wrong.

I'm docking stars from this only because I got the avocado burger and couldn't eat half the avocado because it was black and hole-y and gross. If your avocados have gone bad, just tell the customer to get something else! Don't charge them $11 for an avocado burger when the title of the burger is the very part that's old and gross today! Don't serve them something nasty!

The pizza was nothing to write home about but my kids liked it and mondays after 5 it's half off.

This place is good for families.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Was with a friend for lunch and tried the Egg Plant special that day.
Was not pleased with task and quality. I would have thought better. Doubt I will return. On a positive note I do understand that the pizza is good. Maybe next time I might try it.