“Good Chinese buffet”

Royal International Buffet
Ranked #122 of 176 Restaurants in Decatur
Description: In a strip mall, very polite staff, attractive atmosphere, good selection,
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I love Chinese food and this place has it all including a chocolate fountain. I always check out the bathroom and it was clean. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

My fiancée and I visited the Royal International last night for a quick bite to eat.

We arrived at about 8:30pm. The buffet advertised it's closing time (both online and on the signs outside the store) as 9:30pm, so we expected to have plenty of time to eat.

When we got inside, the very first thing the host told us was that the buffet would be closing in 15 minutes, but that we would be allowed time to finish our meals (how gracious!).

We were confused by this, and asked why the buffet wasn't open until 9:30pm. The host explained that they were closing early (presumably because they weren't very busy), but that they still had all of their usual food options on offer if we wanted to stay.

We took a quick look at the food, and found that, in reality, there were very limited options available. Staff were already cleaning away some of the food, and the "fresh" counters for sushi and hibachi food were both closed.

As you might expect, we took our custom elsewhere.

If you still want to try this place, consider calling ahead in advance to see if they've actually bothered opening their doors.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent assortment of sushi, seaweed salad, and all your Chinese favorites. I always find their food good, and people are very pleasant. There's a very wide range of choices on their buffet.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

I went here with my family around Dinner time and had the worst experience ever, The food was very dry and some was burnt I went to get some ice cream and the spoon appeared to have mold on it for the price they charge per person I'd expect way better quality food and that was not what we got. I addressed the issues with the cashier and told her my concerns and her response to me was WHAT EVER!!! I asked her for the manager and she expressed to me that she was the manager, I asked her if that was how she talked to all her customers and she said yes. She told me there was nothing wrong with the food and that's how they always serve it and never had any complaints and that I was the only one that has complained. I asked for a discount and she wasn't wanting to give me one until I told her I was going to call the health department. My bill was over $40 and She only discounted me $7. I guess anything is better then nothing. I will not be coming here anymore and I do not advise anyone spending their hard earned money on this poor serves/poor quality of food. I'd say they are the worst Chinese restaurant in The Decatur IL area

1  Thank secretshopper091
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

This place has all your favorite Chinese dishes as well as sushi and seaweed salad. My son from Chicago said that it's the best Chinese buffet he's been to. Lots of choices and they're all good

1  Thank Deggto