“Was nice in the winter, must be awesome in the summer!”
Review of Beach House

Beach House
Ranked #5 of 176 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 January 2018

We dropped in about an hour before closing on Friday, 1/26/18 . Our waiter was Paula. She was very attentive, checked back continually to ensure we had everything we needed. The service was prompt and effective. The food was very good. I had an oyster sampler of six baked /broiled oysters prepared three different ways. Each was great. My wife had a half order of the mushroom risotto and added scallops. Even though it was the half order, the portion was too big for her to finish and was very tasty. The scallops were large and tender. Three are several "Cajun" labeled items on the menu and I tried a couple (including gumbo and the Cajun flatbread. Very flavorful.). Having grown up in Louisiana, I am usually skeptical of those sort of claims, but they were legit. The food was spicy and flavorful, not just loaded with pepper. It is a nice location on the lake. Being winter, the decks were not open but the staff told us they fill up in good weather. Reasonably priced, our food was great and the dishes we saw other patrons order looked scrumptious. We will go back when again in the area.

1  Thank I1851YEpaull

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Went here without reservations with a party of six, and although it was almost full, we were seated at a lovely waterside table (indoors!) - round table. So nice. Menu has a lot of interesting options. At our table the following were ordered: a salad with avocado and jalepeno ranch dressing (very good), mushroom risotto (half order is very large, and it was good), Boston Cod (no complaints but no raving either), two orders of Mac and Cheese Surprise which was DELICIOUS (more on that later), and a filet. The filet was disappointing. First, I doubt it was filet. The shape was more along the lines of a ribeye or sirloin? It was not cut thick. I ordered it medium. It came with inside medium/medium well. The outside was burned so badly that the entire steak tasted like ashes. I think the attempt was to sear it, but nope, it was fully burned. Asparagus on the side was very good. The vegetable special was roasted redskin potatoes, which were not as good as you can make at home with just a few ingredients. Not worth the money! The mac and cheese surprise won the love of all at our table. The "surprise" part is a thin layer of chili at the bottom of the very, very large bowl. This is the thing to get here! Delicious.
The atmosphere is cozy and quite lovely. We'll come back in the summer to see the view of the lake.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Business travel dinner - used TripAdvisor reviews and this place was spot on. I had the 5oz Filet with Garlic potatoes and asparagus. The steak did not get cook to my liking (twice) however they comp. my meal for the issue. My colleagues had the seafood and they loved it. They also ordered beer and it was a hit. Even with the issue with my steak, I would come again. Definitely worth the trip. $$ are moderate ($21.00 for 5oz steak)

1  Thank Peggy B
Reviewed 10 November 2017

The Beach House has become a favorite because of the wonderful location on the lake that makes the excellent menu even more appealing. Seafood is amazing, but there is no shortage of other great menu choices paired with wonderful drink optons.

1  Thank pitch9mdk
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Just had dinner there. Was so delicious and excellent service. Had a filet and green beans. Best steak I’ve had in a long time and the green beans were amazing. Others in party also steaks and everyone was very happy with their meal. Look forward to visiting the Beach House again.

1  Thank No N