“Great Breakfast”

Blue Eggs & Ham
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This restaurant used to be Blue Eggs & Ham. We visited at 9 am and received a breakfast menu, I don't know if they serve anything besides breakfast. The place is tiny, I'm guessing 40 chairs or less. The dining room was very clean and from what I could see so was the kitchen. There were 3 of us and we all ordered something different. My husband had the pancakes with sausage and bacon. The meats were AWESOME!! Some of the freshest I have ever tasted. My son had French Toast with strawberry jam that they make fresh on premises. Delicious. I had an omelette with mushroom, tomato and cheese. Fresh, fresh, fresh! I don't know what kind of coffee they serve but it was great. The waitress was very friendly, the owner made a round of the tables to see how everything was. Service was excellent but the time from ordering to receiving food was a little long considering there was a total of 7 customers. 20 bucks for all 3 of us to eat, not too bad. We will definitely go back next time we are in Decatur.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

My father in law and I tried this place for the first time near lunch. He had the horseshoe which he liked but I thought looked really unattractive on the plate. I had the buffalo chicken ranch sandwich that I thought was well assembled but fell short due to them using a processed chicken patty. If they would use a breaded chicken breasted instead, this sandwich would rock. Nothing special about this place but I think I will try it again.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Service, prices, and food was great. However, the seating is very crammed for the space available. I hope this business is able to expand somehow.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

My husband and I ate breakfast here after coming to town to watch our kids run in a cross country meet. I was surprised at how small the restaurant was inside but we were lucky to get a table right away. Our waitress was a bit frazzled and there was some lag time between taking our drink order and then taking our food order. The wait for food was long. Like really long. I think the management was aware because he stopped by our table to ask how long we had been waiting and on our way out asked if we had gotten a discount on our bill. (we didn't and we declined as we didn't feel it was necessary.)

The food was good. We shared the breakfast horseshoe (delicious gravy!), biscuits and gravy, and a short stack of pancakes. The pancakes were huge! The portions were very generous and the food was good.

We'd probably go back if we were not on any kind of time schedule but I don't know if I would wait for a table.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Over priced for what you get...at least compared to other local restaurants.