“Great choice of Chinese, Thai, Sushi and Japanese food!”
Review of Tai San Chef

Tai San Chef
Ranked #12 of 51 Restaurants in Darien
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Reviewed 6 September 2016

I think my favorite thing I like about Tai San Chef is the fact that you can have a dinner that includes your choice of soup, an eggroll, entrée and chicken fried rice for around $8.99--great value! By the time I eat my soup and eggroll, I can only eat half of the dinner on my plate. Great service too! If you like teppanyaki (cooking around your grill table) and sushi, this is the place you should visit. They have a very busy take out business and also deliver!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Tai San encompasses Thai, Chinese and Japanese dishes, giving each area a place on the menu to shine. Give yourself several minutes to look over the many items on the large menu to decide...OK, order several and share with your table. Don't forget they have a special Hibachi room too! Make a reservation for that.
No matter what we have tried, they all taste fresh and enjoyable.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Wonderful restaurant for the whole family! Chicken dishes for the younger children and spicy beef dishes for adults. The cucumber salad is worth a try!! You won't be disappointed !!

Reviewed 27 July 2016

This restaurant has a very wide Chinese,Thai and Japanese menu, I'll say is something for everyone. Food is made just when you order it and is very tasty.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

This was a wonderful dining experience! This is literally the best Asian restaurant in our area, and I would highly recommend visiting. It looks small and unassuming on the outside as it's near a strip mall, but please visit! The interior is very comfortable and welcoming.

The host was very nice and polite and even opened the restaurant early for us. It was our first time and we walked in on a whim.

There was a very nice young gentleman waiting on our party, and he made our experience! He explained any menu questions we had, provided us with prompt and helpful service, and was nothing but polite.

We tried the panang curry, chop suey, and sesame chicken, and our meals were delicious and HUGE in portion. The leftovers we took home fed each of us for two to three meals after what we are in the restaurant.

We ordered their bo bo appetizer plate and were not disappointed! Or server brought it out with a little mini fire to keep our food warm and to have a hands on experience I definitely enjoyed. It came with beef on a stick, BBQ pork, fried shrimp, and crab Rangoon, and egg rolls. It feeds two but three of us shared very comfortably. So good!

I ordered the panang curry medium and it was just the right amount of heat, and I ordered with a combination of meat and only paid about $10-$11 - for a total of four meals from this one plate! It comes with delicious mushrooms, carrots, and pea pods, a sauce, and your choice of meat.

When we paid for our meal and thanked the host, he asked if we ever tried their smoothies. As it was our first time, we said no. This kind and generous host then prepared a mango strawberry smoothie for us to take on the road, for free! The ingredients are fresh and it is something you need to try!