See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 May 2018

There was a filthy, frog infested pool outside of our decrepit room. We were lulled to sleep by the cacophonous din of frogs croaking. Stay here only if you have no other options, like us. It's cheap and it should be.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ABVI C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Collinsville / St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve.

Management

Reviewed 11 April 2018

When we arrived there was no one at the check in desk, or anywhere else. We waited 15+ minutes til the clerk drove up with a package from a fast food restaurant. She was very friendly but...... The room seemed clean enough but it was very worn and dingy. There was a nasty, rotting smell at the ice machine area along with some grunge on the floor. And the breakfast offering was the most basic, barest I have encountered. I'm not particularly picky when staying for one night while on a road trip, but we will never book here again. This was my first stay at Americas Best Value and it may well be my last.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ABVI C, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Collinsville / St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

We apologize for the long wait you encountered at our establishment. This was not our intention. We will be more prompt in taking care of our customers in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

This property appears to be a 60s-70s style Holiday Inn motel that has been renovated. If you are familiar with that era, this type of room has a metal-framed wall with a steel door and one large pane of glass on most or all of the exterior wall, with heat/air mounted in that wall. This is not so good for insulation, so extremely hot or cold weather could make for a difficult heating/cooling situation. It was snowing, when I arrived, but with the heat on low, it ran all night but kept the room comfortable.

The room was clean. Linens were in good shape, and everything was nice and tidy. It had a microwave and fridge (microwave worked fine, but the fridge didn’t feel that cold. The furniture felt like dorm or hospital furniture, functional but not super comfortable or stylish. The desk had a few holes (something had been screwed down and later removed), there a few small cracks in the wall, but the room was decorated in bright colors and felt like it had been recently updated. The only thing I really wish it had was a mini coffeemaker. I usually have my own tea or coffee with me on long trips.

Warning: breakfast is continental (bread, a couple of pastries, apples, coffee, juice), plus two types of cereal and waffles. It is NOT a full breakfast bar like you see at many hotels that include breakfast. Do not pay extra for it, when booking a room. However, there was a sign posted at check-in that said the Denny’s next door gives a 20% discount if you show your room key. I had coffee at the hotel, then walked over and had a full breakfast at Denny’s. The food was great, and the staff at both places were friendly.

I had to stop partway through a long road trip, because I left several hours later than I had planned, and because it was starting to snow. I just wanted a neat, clean, inexpensive room for the night, and this fit my needs perfectly. If you want more amenities, look elsewhere, if a basic, clean room is all you need, this was the best price I could find within 20 miles.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for the response We will pass this on to the staff!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

We went to this location for Archon 41. Just 2 mintes away drivie time wise, located right into to town, and just a few steps away from dennys. GREAT location. We did not take advantage of the Breakfast, so no review there, and we only asked for towels and empty trash with housekeeping (but they were really nice) my group normally takes care of ourselves since I have worked in the Hotel busniess before and know that everyone works hard....the only BAD thing we had was the tub drain was not draining properly, and all of the showers we took had the water rise to our ankles..Had a maintence guy come buy and poured somthing, hoping that would work, but it didn't, Not a huge deal to our trip since we were there only two nights, but any longer, it might have. Hoping this issue in that particlar room gets fixed, every place has maintence issues from time to time.

Room Tip: Check the drains.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review! We apologize for the Tub issue, and we have fixed the problem for your future stays.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

The staff was good, however a bit disappointed in the room. An older motel, so the room was outdated. Pretty clean however the were several large bugs crawling on the walls! Went to get ice from the ice machine and that wasn't working, so no ice. The morning included breakfast was nice and a good selection to choose from. All in all adequate for a one night stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ABVI-Manager2054, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Collinsville / St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you for your response, we try to accommodate our guest best as possible, we will work hard to attend to the issues, we do have ice machines on both floors, thank you for letting us know.