“Check your Credit Card”
Review of Majestic Hotel

Majestic Hotel
Ranked #77 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 17 September 2017

This is not a luxury hotel so after reading some of the poor reviews that people wrote, I was wondering what they expected for the price. The value is not bad for a hotel in a nice area of Chicago. It was an older building but it was clean and there was plenty of room, bigger than the Sheraton room downtown where we also stayed and we had to wait in a long line just to check in. The bad things: The continental breakfast was not great and we had to wait for them to re stock items. I also was looking forward to having coffee in the afternoon but both days it was empty. When we got our credit card bill we were charged 20 extra for the mini bar that we didn't touch so either the house keeping staff was stealing or the hotel was trying to cheat us. They did say on the phone we would be reimbursed for the charges but check your bill! I suppose it could have been an honest mistake but I am skeptical. Also, the air conditioner kept going on and off all night and was quite loud, but things like that don't really bother me. But besides the extra charge, I thought the hotel was a good value for Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Broughton H, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear Patty,
Thanks for taking the time to share all of your observations regarding your experience at the Majestic Hotel. I am really sorry you had to wait for coffee and for breakfast to be restocked. We do get busy in the mornings we everybody wants to have breakfast at the same time. As goes for the credit card I spoke to you over the phone and I explained we don't do this on purpose it was a mistake that I corrected right away. All our AC are on "energy saver" and can easily be moved to regular mode so they don't get stop and start again when they get to a certain temperature. We thank you again for your honest feedback and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My buddy and I stayed at the Majestic while in town for the Georgia-Notre Dame game. We also planned the trip to see the Cubs and the Bears play the Falcons. The majestic was a nice place to stay and convenient for seeing most places. I hidden little gem. fresh cookies awaited us upon arrival and breakfast in the morning. the rooms were nice and the place had more of a bed and breakfast feel to it than a hotel. Since we had early flights in and late flights out they were also accommodating at keeping our bags prior to check in and after check out so we could still see the sights.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for staying with us recently. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you found our location to be convenient to a variety of Chicago attractions.

Hope to see you back soon!
Roxana

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Lovely check-in at Majestic Hotel. Daniel is so welcoming!!! Also, adorable building in a great neighborhood, and rooms have everything you need. This building has beautiful historic features and modern furnishings.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Jessica,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at the Majestic hotel during your visit to Chicago. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay, we will share your compliments with Daniel.

Regards,
Roxana

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

This beautiful boutique hotel is wonderful. Whenever we come to Chicago we stay here and have for years. Mona, one of the managers is fabulous! Another manager, Daniel, is absolutely great! Friendly helpful staff that will make you feel right at home.

June and Lawrence Przybysz
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Mr. and Mrs. Przybysz,
We thank you very much for your wonderful review and for mentioning Daniel. We are happy you've enjoyed your enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back soon.

Best,

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The first impression of the room was that it was very small and the window was impossible to see out of due to condensation. I was due to stay for 3 nights but checked out after one. To be fair the property was very helpful and understanding abut my change of mind.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel to anyone