2,141 results
All reviews personal trainer chicago river heavenly bed great location executive club house of blues fitness center within walking distance the loop very nice hotel lobby bar free internet business traveler great room blue line few blocks the magnificent mile
Reviewed 17 December 2017

The Westin - Originally the Niko - has a few years on it but it is well maintained, the rooms are modest size but nice with excellent linens. We had a good view of Marina Towers and it gave us what we wanted - being with in easy walking distance of the Restaurants in River North, on Hubbard and walking to see the City Christmas lights on State Street and Michigan Avenue. The price was reasonable for downtown Chicago and this property is dependable.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Francisco F, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Greetings UncleLarry S!
We are delighted to hear you had a great stay with us. We look forward to your next stay downtown Chicago.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

I have been to plenty of Westin's over the course of my business career and this one was just not up to par. The following week at went to a Westin in Memphis and that one was perfect, as usual.

Pros:
1. Location is in the center of the city, a block from the subway.
2. The staff was wonderful.
3. It was clean.

Cons:
1. Every other Westin has outlets everywhere. On the bedside stands, on the desks, everywhere. Maybe my room was forgotten but I had to plug in my computer behind the desk and then I used my computer USB ports to charge my stuff. The outlets near the bed were being used by the lamps and the clock and weren't easy to get to anyways.
2. The water pressure was crazy low. I don't have a lot of hair, and I could just imagine my wife with her long hair trying to get the shampoo out of it with the equivalent of a light summer rain shower. I asked my business colleague about it and he said his water pressure was also very low. I don't know if the hotel is trying to save money, but that needs to be looked at.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Francisco F, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Greetings psudino!

Thank you for your response! We appreciate your feedback and will share with our team to ensure we create the best guest experience.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Read a lot of great things about this hotel and it delivered. Room had a great view and the room was so well put together. Felt bigger than it was. It was the nicest room I have stayed in since visiting Chicago.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Greetings jrsinn83!
Thank you for your response! We are delighted to hear you had a great stay! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Why not 5 stars? This might be a new Westin policy, but the bathroom didn't have q-tips (ear swabs), makeup removers (not that I need them), etc. I'm sure it's something I could have requested, but I don't see why they don't just have them.

The room itself was spacious with a great view. The staff I interacted with were very friendly. The lobby bar is expensive compared to other local spots, but it isn't a bad way to kill a few minutes while waiting on an Uber.

The bathroom was as expected including a rain shower.

The bed was super comfy - as I expect from Westin and W.

The tv only seemed to have a few HD channels.

I would certainly stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Greetings TechEntrepreneur!

Thank you for your response!

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Stayed this weekend and was delighted immediately upon arriving at the hotel. The doorman greeted us warmly and management was very friendly. It was a joy to check-in, especially since Anjou was so accommodating and pleasant to speak with. He was so wonderful and the most helpful during our stay. Would definitely recommend the Westin because of how great Anjou was to us.

Room Tip: ask for a river view room
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Greetings Laura_Anne_W1733!
Thank you for your response! We are delighted to hear you had a great stay with us.