The Westin Chicago River North
USD 162
USD 145
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 247/night.

Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
USD 272
USD 115
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 183/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
USD 159
USD 144
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 233/night.

USD 323
USD 269
Thompson Chicago
USD 253
USD 198
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 250/night.

USD 193
USD 175
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 260/night.

Raffaello Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
USD 142
USD 135
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 194/night.

USD 225
USD 200
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 235/night.

The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
USD 247
USD 187
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 234/night.

The Langham, Chicago(Chicago)
USD 609
USD 442
2,074 results
All reviewspersonal trainerchicago riverheavenly bedgreat locationexecutive clubhouse of bluesfitness centerwithin walking distancethe loopvery nice hotelbusiness travelerfree internetlobby barlate checkgreat roomblue linefew blocks
Reviewed 17 December 2017

The Westin - Originally the Niko - has a few years on it but it is well maintained, the rooms are modest size but nice with excellent linens. We had a good view of Marina Towers and it gave us what we wanted - being with in easy walking distance of the Restaurants in River North, on Hubbard and walking to see the City Christmas lights on State Street and Michigan Avenue. The price was reasonable for downtown Chicago and this property is dependable.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Francisco F, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Greetings UncleLarry S!
We are delighted to hear you had a great stay with us. We look forward to your next stay downtown Chicago.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

I have been to plenty of Westin's over the course of my business career and this one was just not up to par. The following week at went to a Westin in Memphis and that one was perfect, as usual.

Pros:
1. Location is in the center of the city, a block from the subway.
2. The staff was wonderful.
3. It was clean.

Cons:
1. Every other Westin has outlets everywhere. On the bedside stands, on the desks, everywhere. Maybe my room was forgotten but I had to plug in my computer behind the desk and then I used my computer USB ports to charge my stuff. The outlets near the bed were being used by the lamps and the clock and weren't easy to get to anyways.
2. The water pressure was crazy low. I don't have a lot of hair, and I could just imagine my wife with her long hair trying to get the shampoo out of it with the equivalent of a light summer rain shower. I asked my business colleague about it and he said his water pressure was also very low. I don't know if the hotel is trying to save money, but that needs to be looked at.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Francisco F, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Greetings psudino!

Thank you for your response! We appreciate your feedback and will share with our team to ensure we create the best guest experience.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Read a lot of great things about this hotel and it delivered. Room had a great view and the room was so well put together. Felt bigger than it was. It was the nicest room I have stayed in since visiting Chicago.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Greetings jrsinn83!
Thank you for your response! We are delighted to hear you had a great stay! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Why not 5 stars? This might be a new Westin policy, but the bathroom didn't have q-tips (ear swabs), makeup removers (not that I need them), etc. I'm sure it's something I could have requested, but I don't see why they don't just have them.

The room itself was spacious with a great view. The staff I interacted with were very friendly. The lobby bar is expensive compared to other local spots, but it isn't a bad way to kill a few minutes while waiting on an Uber.

The bathroom was as expected including a rain shower.

The bed was super comfy - as I expect from Westin and W.

The tv only seemed to have a few HD channels.

I would certainly stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Greetings TechEntrepreneur!

Thank you for your response!

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Stayed this weekend and was delighted immediately upon arriving at the hotel. The doorman greeted us warmly and management was very friendly. It was a joy to check-in, especially since Anjou was so accommodating and pleasant to speak with. He was so wonderful and the most helpful during our stay. Would definitely recommend the Westin because of how great Anjou was to us.

Room Tip: ask for a river view room
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Greetings Laura_Anne_W1733!
Thank you for your response! We are delighted to hear you had a great stay with us.