4,435 results
All reviews the palm court cape cod room coq d'or classic hotel family room the executive lounge oak street beach lake michigan the magnificent mile the north end historical hotel old chicago a lake view room an older hotel the gold coast junior suite rush street
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Gisele Aso...Assistant Manager..this lady is Just the most attentive person ever who will go out if her way to make sure you are enjoying
The best THE DRAKE has to offer!
We have stayed at the Drake for years amd thos year being my
70th Birthday we had to come back here to celebrate!! Gisele bright it to a whole other level!!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The staff if really friendly and housekeeping is great.
I appreciate their attitude and effort in making our stay great and I hope the hotel management appreciate their effort!!!!
A special thanks to Gisele in the breakfast restaurant and the guys in the lobby area - you are fantastic.

Room tip: view of the lake
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Erica H, Director of Front Office Operations at The Drake, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Childul,

Thank you for your review! Our team is definitely our greatest asset. We will ensure Gisele is recognized and receives these comments - she is truly wonderful.

We hope to welcome you back to The Drake in the near future!

Yours in service,

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed at The Drake for a one night stay as part of an Ambassadair bus trip from Indianapolis. Hotel staff was excellent, especially the baggage handlers who brought a whole bus load of suitcases and delivered them directly to our rooms. And then picked them up from the room the next morning. They stood out in the cold waiting outside with us for the bus.
Checkin staff was great. I love this old historic hotel. I want to come back and do the afternoon tea. It is a great location to the north end Michigan Ave shops. Taxi stand gentlemen were very friendly as well. Nice room although not very sound proof
The only negative was our group meal in the lower level restaurant. Food was just so so.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

First time here, I have about 185 nights a year in hotels for work, a lot, so I guess I expected more. Had a suite, room 1023, the king sized bed was Great! The rest of the furniture was very old (not in a good way) - the pull out sofa was broken and I had to put the screw back in to hold it together. The AC/heat didn't work. I called down to have Engineering fix, they turn the turmosate up to 85 degrees and said it was fixed. I know it is an iconic building and that is why we stayed her but if you need basics like heat or AC it might be a Crapp shoot.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We have stayed at The Drake twice now and it's our new favorite place to stay in Chicago. The location is fantastic and the overall ambiance is grand and beautiful. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious and clean. We love the small shops as well. An overall wonderful experience!

• Trip type: Travelled with family