5,268 results
All reviews convention center soldier field north tower attending a conference cab ride trade show very nice hotel city view self parking downtown area public transportation lake michigan business trip enjoyed my stay the loop navy pier c2e2
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My stay at your hotel was beyond what I expected even though there were a few hiccups. They were resolved efficiently. The front desk to the housekeeping to the maintenance were more than helpful. The restaurants offered at your premise were of value and convenience.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Elyse W, Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review. We are sorry to hear you experienced a few hiccups, but glad our team was able to correct them quickly for you. We hope you keep us in mind for future visits to Chicago!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I stayed at this hotel as part of a group attending a convention. Before making the reservation we specifically asked if it was possible for us to have a room with three people with each of us having our own bed (one a roll-away bed). They told us it was a possibility and they'd let us know if it wasn't possible. We never heard and we arrived to discover that putting a roll-away bed in a room with two beds in it isn't a possibility (unless you have a suite). Some of the employees had a discussion in front of us about whether or not this was actually possible or not possible and finally came to the conclusion it wasn't something they could do (train your people, please!) So at that point we were stuck because everything was already booked anywhere nearby because of the convention. We made a bit of a fuss and they upgraded us to a suite, but that meant 4 of us in one room and some of us were on roll away beds and one person was even sleeping on the couch. We could have been just as comfortable at a Motel 6 and each had our own rooms and had money left over. We had to share a bath with 4 of us (I know, first world problem, but the point is that isn't what we had expected and would have booked differently had we know this info upfront). The roll away bed was incredibly uncomfortable (lumpy and I had a spring poking me in the back). The heating/cooling system was also a bit wonky and we about froze the first night and cooked the second night. The saving grace of this place was the cleaning staff (super nice and as helpful as they could be) and the evening door man (also really nice). The front desk staff were a mixed bag - some really nice and one quite grouchy when I asked for some information a couple of days into our stay. The view from our room was great since we looked out to the lake. My guess is that this place has potential to be a decent place to stay (the reason why I marked it a 2 and not a 1), but they should train their staff to be upfront with people about what the hotel can provide (or not, as the case may be) so that it is possible to make an informed decision about making a reservation here or not. I'm scheduled for another convention here in about 4 months and I'm debating whether to give them a second chance or find accommodations elsewhere.

Room Tip: They are not able to add a roll-away bed in a regular room (even if they say they can when you make the reservation).

Dear darcforest,

We are very sorry to hear about the miscommunication you experienced at check-in and can assure you this is not the customer service we are capable of. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will address this with our team to make improvements moving forward. We sincerely hope for the opportunity to welcome you back for a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Although the convenience to the convention center was the reason for the stay, the high price and mediocrity of the room made me wonder if the cost was worth it. It was definitely a huge advantage to be connected to the convention center in Chicago's cold climate. The restaurants were good, but very crowded as there aren't many options within walking distance.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Great staff and service at the HRH-McCormick Place. Highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area. Price for the room is fair. The food and beverages were a little too pricey for me to take part in for every meal but when I did...it was really good quality and taste.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I loved staying right at the conference center. It was great to not have to navigate the city each morning and afternoon to get to the conference. Our room had a gorgeous view of the lake and downtown Chicago. The food was good and convenient. The price is of course expensive, but sharing a room made it slightly more affordable. If had been traveling alone or with my family though, I would not have been able to afford it. The gym had very nice equipment with fresh towels and cold water available.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency McCormick Place for your visit to Chicago! It's great to hear you enjoyed the connection to the convention center for the conference. We appreciate your review and do hope to welcome you back soon.