Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
  • Fitness centre
  • Pool
  • Room Service
4,937 results
All reviewsconvention centersoldier fieldshor restaurantnorth towerattending a conferencecab ridetrade showroom servicevery nice hotelcity viewself parkinglake michigandowntown areapublic transportationbusiness tripenjoyed my staythe loop
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Very satisfied!! We booked this room through Priceline “Name Your Own Price” after not having any successful bids on Michigan Ave. hotels (or vicinity) due to an even busier city than normal because of a home Cubs game and a home Bears game (I would assume). Even though we knew what to expect of this hotel from staying here previously (via Priceline), we were very pleased again. When booking through Priceline, one cannot choose the room or amenities, so after reading reviews, I decided to call and request a king size bed and a lake view. I called a few days ahead of time and stated I knew I was not guaranteed anything since we booked through Priceline, but that it was worth a shot to request a king bed and the recommended “lake view” from a high floor, mentioning that it would be silly to have two doubles since we were coming up to celebrate our first anniversary. When we arrived to check in (after being wonderfully greeted by the valet and concierge staff), we were informed the kings had all been sold out (9pm). We were rather bummed, but we knew that was the chance we took when booking with Priceline. Julie, the lady at the front desk, was very kind and helpful (regarding CTA passes and other local info) and even wished us a “Happy Anniversary!” Therefore, the person I spoke to on the phone must have noted it because we did not mention it upon arrival. Julie was able to get us a great view from floor 32, despite no king bed. We decided to unpack, clean up, and go for a drink at the M/X restaurant. (M/X was pricey, but that was to be expected in Chicago and in the hotel. We had a great time relaxing and having drinks and an appetizer after a three hour drive.) When we arrived back in our room, we found a bottle of wine, two wine glasses, a cork screw, a cheese appetizer, and a card from Julie wishing us a Happy Anniversary again. It was so nice, and not that we were upset, but it made up from the lack of availability for a king size bed. I must add that even though we had two doubles, we sleep on a double at home and these were still more comfortable than our own! In addition to the nice staff, our room was clean, large, modern, had a great view, and was quiet. I thought maybe this hotel should be rated a 3-star or 3½ star based on the location in Chicago, but we definitely had service beyond 3½ stars and accommodations. As far as the location, it is not the greatest, but it is right by a bus stop. We purchased CTA passes and rode everywhere on the bus and the train to places like Wrigley, Navy Pier, Michigan Ave., etc. We then came back to a nice upscale, quiet location. Perfect.

Room Tip: Lake view & high up!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
HyattMcCormick, Reservations Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Dear Jeserz2,

Thank you for spending your anniversary with us! I'm happy that we could be a part of making it memorable for you. I will be sure to share your review with Julie's manager so that she can be recognized for the great service that she provided to you. The picture you shared is also a beautiful view of the rain coming in over the lake - gorgeous! Thank you again for staying with us and for sharing. We hope to see you again next year for your anniversary!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

This hotel is a bit off of the beaten path but there is constant taxi service that can take you to your desired destination in a matter of minutes. Our taxi rides ranged from $9-12 dollars each. The area surrounding McCormick Place consists of a group of contemporary, modern buildings including the Hyatt. The hotel is itself boasts contemporary and comfortable furniture that felt really homey and there are several areas on the main level with plenty of furniture to simply lounge and/or socialize. I did not rent a car, but the onsite Hertz rental was a selling point for me. The business center was sizable and modern with a lovely glass door and windows, the Daily Grind sold coffee, snacks, bagels (including one with smoked salmon and cream cheese that I loved)! I also had a chance to have drinks and food at the M/X lounge that was Excellent! In addition, no matter where we went in the hotel, front desk, staff floating the floor, or the lounge, customer service was great. We had one "incident" where we thought our room would have been serviced sooner than later (as we came back in rushing to get ready for a wedding) but the hotel immediately sent someone to service the room and gave us a free breakfast for two pass for the inconvenience. Overall, our stay was great! I will be back and would highly recommend the property.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PAJDESIGN

Dear PAJDESIGN,

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you had a good time at the wedding you attended. Next time, you could also try the #3 CTA bus to save on cab fare. It stops right in front of the hotel and runs up and down Michigan Ave to the Loop, Mag Mile, Millennium Park, and more. It's $2.25/ride or the front desk sells passes for $5.75 that are good for unlimited 24 hour rides on both the bus and CTA El trains from the time of first use. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Chicago!

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Yes, it costs more, but the bed and view is worth it. Having stayed in rooms at both Hyatt Regency hotels in Chicago, my family liked view from McCormick best, and value was better at Hyatt by Loop downtown- but both had nice beds. McCormick Place itself is a veritable labyrinth and our feet hurt from trying to find correct room & food, but Hyatt made up for that. We had breakfast included in our stay; and used room service. Room itself felt a bit small, but everything else had every detail covered. Highly recommend this hotel. Porters/concierge are very helpful also!

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Choosana,

Thank you for staying with us and also taking the time to share your observations. I do agree with you that our city view is really fantastic! I'm pleased we could be an oasis next to the convention center and that our staff was friendly and helpful. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

The location right part of the Mccormick Place Convention Center is convenient if that is where you want to be. Its to the south of center of the city, near Cominsky Park. There is not much in the surrounding area, and I am not sure if its that safe outside the convention complex at night.

Lobby and breakfast restaurant was excellent, and the staff helpful. One note is that the rooms are clean but somewhat dated. The sink is located outside the bathroom separated from the room by a low wall. The closet did not have a door but a curtain. Its utilitarian, and I guess I expected a bit higher grade room product. The views are spectacular.

I did see signs in the lobby that they are putting up an adjoining tower and renovating all of the guest rooms next year. They may have been delaying ordinary upgrades for one big one. All in all a nice hotel for convention goers which will get rooms commeasurate with the facade, lobby and brand next year.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear S K,

Thank you for staying with us. Yes, the renovation is coming this winter/spring and we are so excited to unveil the new guest rooms to you! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

This is an old soldier. Our room was no better than an old Holiday Inn with a metal tub, mildewed tile, and a cheap TV with meagre channels offered. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The Concierge somehow seemed to be "away" and some young guy filled in badly. The most disappointing aspects were the various eateries, each of which had tired, cheap decor and food to match. For breakfast we walked down the block to McDonalds rather than pay an absurd fee for a weak breakfast at the hotel. Maybe when the new wing is finished and they can remodel this wing it will be a better stay. For now, I'd look closer to downtown.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere or wait for the new wing to open.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear butchAlabama,

I'm very sorry to read about your experience! I will share you description of the room condition with our Housekeeping Manager. Although we are going through a renovation and expansion and will have newly remodeled rooms soon, the room condition you described is clearly not up to the standard you should expect from Hyatt, and again, I am very sorry for that. I hope that you might stay with us again and allow us the chance to show you that we are better than that!