Hotels.com
Priceline
Travelocity
2,432 results
All reviews the holiday inn great view of the river river north indoor pool corner room business trip floor elevator lobby concierge skyline conference doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 March 2020

The pictures shown on the web site are very misleading when it comes to the rooms. The bed was comfortable but the furniture was dirty and worn out. The light next to the bed was broke and we couldn't adjust the little fridge as the knob was broke on that too. With obvious things so dirty and not taken care of, it just made me feel like the floor and everything else was probably filthy too. When trying to leave from the unattended parking garage in the early morning hours to catch a flight we had a problem. I had paid for the parking package so at check in they gave me a parking code. When we tried to leave, the parking code wouldn't work so the 'arm' wouldn't rise to let us out. Thank goodness the intercom worked and after what seemed like forever, they activated the arm so we could leave. For close to $300, I expected more. I would not stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank Shay_61
martplaza, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2020

Dear Shay_61,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention. We agree the condition of your guest room can certainly use a refresh, as well as maintenance, and have private messaged you to obtain additional details regarding your reservation and which guest room was occupied during your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies not only for the condition of your guest room but for the challenges experienced when leaving the parking garage. While the hotel does not own or operate the garage, we will certainly relay the information provided in your review to the parking garage management team.

Our guests' satisfaction is among our top priorities and should any aspect of our guests' experience fall below expectation, we entourage them to contact our Front Desk as they are more than happy to provide an alternate guest room or assist with a service recovery.

Reviewed 15 March 2020

Gwen at the front desk was so hospitable. She was friendly and made sure that all my questions were answered efficently. She greeted me with a smile and was very pleasant. This was my first time at this hotel, thanks to my Sister, and I would defineitely choose this hotel again. I live in Chicago, but this will defifnitely be my home away from home, from now on.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank andreaaD2015ZJ
Reviewed 4 March 2020

This was our 1st time in Chicago for a tournament, and I must say I was impressed with this hotel. Robert was a joy to talk to, both Pam and Darlene had great recommendations, even at the front desk staff -especially Dave and Jay who gave my sons a toy cars which made their day. Although parking is overpriced ($56 a night) the nice staff and a room overlooking Chicago makes up for it

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sanchez7286
Reviewed 29 February 2020

The gentleman Dave at the desk was really nice and mike the bellman Was a joy to talk to. This is our hotel of choice every time we stay in Chicago the views are awesome and it’s in a great location...

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank N5412SFjohnnyw
Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

People are really kind especially Lorena. Nice conversation and great tips about Chicago city!
I've enjoyed it a lot waiting to back here another time. Hotel location also helps a lot, nice city view!

Trip type: Travelled on business