“BED BUGS!”

Ranked #109 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Philadelphia
“BED BUGS!”
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I went to sleep and woke up with bites ALL OVER MY LEGS IN LINES OF THREE! Although I didn't see a bug, the bottom of the box spring was ripped open - which suggests that they spray for bugs! When I called the hotel, they reacted fast and changed my room. They said they would "lock-down" the room and have an independent third-party confirm whether there were any bugs. Although they told me that this thrid-party did not find any bugs, they also refused to show me the report generated by this third-party (which would have showed the type of tests they ran, etc.)!

Later that day, I asked the hotel to bring a flash light to my new room so I could thoroughly check my new bed. The first staff member that arrived was not accompanied by a member of management and I told him what had happened to me and he was VERY SYMPATHETIC and said IT WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME. He gave me the flash light, let me check out the bed myself and then left after I was finished. About 10 minutes later, I got another knock on the door - this time with a member of management with another staff member with a flash light. This time they conducted the search (which was not as extensive as mine) and kept putting doubts in my head like it could not have happened!

Don't stay here unless you want to be some creepy crawler's meal! Hotel management will not admit to the problem!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
10 Thank creeped_Out_10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
vancouver
Reviewed 7 August 2010

This hotel is nicely located but so are many others along Michigan Avenue. Most disappointing for us was the lack of microwave and refrigerator. Our room was very small, barely room for the two queens and the bathroom was miniature. For the price, it is not a value. The staff was very gracious, especially the concierge and maid service. Room was clean, wall to wall windows afforded a beautiful view at night. Siren noise frequent. This hotel is geared to conference and business travelers, not families. Good restaurants are in the neighborhood. Our stay at the Hyatt last year was much much better. Disappointed to pay $16 a day for in-room high speed internet. Felt nickel and dimed for every add on. Free wi-fi hotspot in hotel lobby hard to connect and slow and blocked my e-mail service.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Ventura County
Reviewed 3 August 2010

This is a beautiful hotel on Michigan Ave. So central to everything. The room was wonderful, quite large and Marriott bedding is always so comfy. The bathroom was a little small. The lobby is large and lively and has a full serve Starbucks! Great service everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. We were on a combination business and pleasure trip and it fit our needs perfectly.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Maine
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Stayed here for a week for a business meeting. The event staff is exceptional. The rooms are average and halls dark. Very busy property--lobby is always bustling. Concierge lounge just OK. Breakfast consisted of eggs or oatmeal--typically they have bacon or sausage and switch it up--here it was the same everyday. Also, they didn't have sodas as they normally do--just fountain sodas that the staff had to get for you. It's a great location though--right on Michigan Avenue--walk out and you're in the middle of everything. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Phoenix,Arizona
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We have never seen a bathroom this small in a hotel.
It is a busy hotel with lots of people in the lobby.Location is very good and there are many restaurants and shopping within walking distance.
As other reviewers have mentioned, you can hear loud sirens during the night.
The good thing is that you hardly hear your neighbors and also you do not hear loud door slammings as in alot of hotels.
We have also stayed at the Intercontinental which is located on the opposite side of the street.We will stay at the Intercontinental next time.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple