5,937 results
All reviews grant park irish pub executive floor grand ballroom full bathrooms field museum historic hotel renovated room shedd aquarium michigan ave lake view huge hotel buckingham fountain two double beds fitness center art institute an upgrade
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I only stayed for one night while in Chicago for a business trip. The room had been updated. The room had a lot of electrical outlets. The outlets were sufficient to recharge multiple electronic devices (cell phones, computer, and tablet.)
The hotel has a beautiful lobby. It is a comfortable place to have a drink. The hotel also has a Starbucks coffee café which is great for grabbing breakfast in the morning.
The hotel has self parking ($35) that is next door to the hotel. You park your car yourself. Most of the Chicago downtown hotels only have valet parking.
I would only stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: February 2013
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I stayed at the Chicago Hilton for 3 nights and found it to be more than acceptable. It is a very large hotel with alot of conventions. My room was small and somewhat well equipped. Unfortunately, there was no robe as I usually find in most hotel rooms. Also I have become accustomed to grab bars in the bath tub, but there were none. There is a small deli type operation right by the main entrance, offering snacks, coffee, tea, and it's open at 6:00 AM. Very convenient for those of us who needed to get out early. GREAT staff throughout the hotel, very helpful, always around. Fedex office very near the main entrance. Plenty of taxi's lined up when you need them, wonderful bell staff outside to help. I would recommend this hotel.

Room tip: When making reservtions, I would recommend requesting something other than the smallest rooms. Hotel is very quiet. Might consider requesting a room that has been updated with more contemporary look. Free Wi Fi throught the hotel.....
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I was there for a convention and this hotel was not big enough to accommodate a large convention. I never ate in the restaurant because it was always packed and it was too small.
My reservation had not been entered into the system and I to wait to be registered again! I was already tired from my flight.
The Bellmen were very rude and disrespectful! Parking was suppose to be $10.00 a day (negotiated price) and we found out later they put up a sign saying parking was full but several people drove up anyway and found LOTS of parking spaces available!! They wanted us to pay $56.00/day to valet park!!! This was unbelieveable!!! WE WANT STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN!

Date of stay: February 2013
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The staff was friendly. The heat does not work keeping the room at a brisk 66 F. Took 15 minutes to make a cup of coffee because the machine kept cutting off and I had to turn it back on. When I added the half and half it curdled. The hotel rate was at a discount which made the price just a little expensive. I would have paid $10 more for heat. I used to be a Hilton Diamond but am now reassured it was a good move to Starwood.

Room tip: Check the heat or AC before unpacking
Reviewed 3 March 2013

1) I have been transferred to 5 different operators to get a room service
2) Non-functional computers that suppose to replace room service menu in the room that come on and off in the middle of the night
3) Ancient-unenthused, does not give a damn staff (Marylin Elsenberg) that states "there is really nothing going on around here..." to give you suggestions of what to do in the area (pretty much heart of downtown)
4) Spoiled-fishy shrimp served as a small plate downstairs bar
5) If you want hot water for your tea, it is basically a diluted coffee

Would never stay here but was forced because of the conference...will give the company feedback to never choose this hotel in the future