“Not the same as Italy ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It may be unfair but was expecting the same experience for dinner and goods as the Eataly in Genoa but far more $ and not the quality that we’d experienced in Italy for the freshly prepared food. $100 for 2 at dinner, 1 glass wine no dessert. On shopping for products we found the selection about the same as you can get at Whole Foods with a lot of Italian signage thrown in.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,239)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Wow! This place is amazing. 5 restaurants, delis, store and wine store. Al Dente pasta was superior. Such good flavor and texture! Our kids had wood fire pizza that were delicious. So so many wines to choose from. With a corking fee you can drink any wine in the place! We will be back. If I lived in Chicago I would do part of my grocery shopping here! Bellisimo

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I've met a friend there after work or have taken my family there on a weekend. You can get in and out for a meal or spend some time wandering around because there is so much to see (especially if you're a foodie). There is a number of options to eat including seafood, pizza, and pasta. The candy counter was too tempting to pass up. Lots of things you really 'need' in your kitchen. The service did vary by section but my overall experiences have been really good and the food was uniformly excellent.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Went with wife and daughter.
We enjoyed it. Good food , pizza and pastas
Then desserts.
My kinda place , eat and buy stuff to take home .
Yes , little pricey but your downtown chicago
It cost 30 bucks to park.
If you drive . So you can spend 200 preaty fast.
Top quality, i will come back .
Not my first trip.
#porkmafia

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The grocery selection in this store is unreal. If you love cooking Italian food at home, this is the place to visit to get authentic grocery items direct from Italy. Their homemade mozzarella and burratta is excellent! The restaurants are very good as well. We prefer Il Fritte as it offers small plates of fried foods along with Salumi and cheese plates.