“Good Food and Friendly Service But WAY TOO LOUD”
Review of M. Henry

M. Henry
Ranked #190 of 10,732 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 12 August 2018

My husband and I ate here on a Saturday about 1:00. They were really busy and we waited about 20 minutes for a seat. The menu has both breakfast and lunch options; my husband chose breakfast and I lunch. The food was interesting and tasty. However, the noise level was deafening! It was impossible to maintain a conversation, and we felt like we were enduring rather than enjoying our meal. We paid as soon as we were finished just to remove ourselves from the noise. We will not return.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I drove a long way to have breakfast at M.Henry. I like to try different places around the city.

I rank the place on the food and whether or not it is worth going out of your way.

M.Henry is a pleasant little restaurant. Great people. Variety of options on the menu. Reasonable prices. Nice neighborhood for strolling after your meal.

My friend and I ordered 4 breakfast options so that we can sample variety.

The spinach goat cheese quiche was good. Very aromatic...lots of flavor. Comes with a fresh side salad.

The Spanish chorizo, egg and black bean cakes was my main dish. The menu made sound a lot more interesting than it tasted. There was a lot of different flavors but nothing complimented each other. Worth trying but not something I’d get again.

We also had an order of simple pancakes and a fruit crepe. The fruit crepe was good but a little soggy. The pancakes were good but a little dry.

Good service but a little slow. I got there at 9 AM and was seated quickly. It took about 20 minutes or so to fill our order. In the meantime the bus boys did a good job keeping the water glasses and coffee cups full.

At around 11 AM there was a long line waiting to be seated. Worth coming early.

The uniqueness of the food certainly makes the place better than your average breakfast joint but I didn’t care for it enough to go out of my way again. Worth it if you are in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Weekend (or weekday) brunch here is always interesting and delicious. Their pancakes can also be dressed down for kids who might prefer tried-and-true.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Father's Day was a crowded but thankfully it only took 25 minutes to get in the door after noon. It's BYOB and there was a Jewel a few blocks away to get our rose with brunch. We had the Dandelion Omlette, which was delicious. Followed that with a nice quiche. Great flavor but way to small for the price. Finished with some delicious lemon, rasberry brioche french toast - decadent and delicious. Highly recommend this place for its warmth, comfort, charm and great guest service.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Fantastic little funky breakfast / brunch / lunch joint in Andersonville!

Very cozy decor and interior.

I had the Chicken Sopes: two wonderfully dense tortillas smothered with toast chicken, poblanos, carrots, potatoes and cream. OMG so flavorful and addictive! Side was house potatoes, perfectly crunchy on the outside, creamy inside.

Been to M. Henry? Share your experiences!