“One of the Best Restaurants in Chinatown”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 24 July 2016

I have visited several restaurants in Chinatown, but I've settled on Evergreen as my favorite. The large majority of the patrons are from the surrounding Chinatown neighborhood, which confirms the restaurant's authenticity. The prices are reasonable. Sometimes we've had to wait for a table due to the popularity of the restaurant. Parking can be a problem in Chinatown, so I recommend the parking structure about a block north of the restaurant on the same side (east) of Wentworth Street.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

As a group of five, we wandered into the restaurant near the end of the immediate Wentworth area for dinner. It was a pleasant surprise. Not being native Chinese speakers, the waitress was very helpful in choosing for us what we could only describe.The food itself was freshly cooked, and really authentic. One dish was not even on the menu, but was available from my description, so we tried it, and it was as good as I hoped it would be. I recommend this place especially for groups.

1  Thank Mariano Y
Reviewed 31 May 2016

The best golden egg crab, great service, good prices, the crab might need to special order, but, this place have so many other great menu item to choose from, family dinner is also wonderful., if you are visiting Chicago Chinatown, you need to try this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 March 2016

We purchased a Groupon for Evergreen so the price was great for what we got but as Chinese food goes, it was just average. Service was very good and the portions are HUGE so that was nice.

1  Thank Shelliu
Reviewed 22 December 2015

Four of us went to Chinatown to shop and decided to go to this restaurant for lunch. Plenty of very good food at inexpensive prices. No need for an entree; I got soup and an appetizer and had more than I could eat. Many locals speaking Chinese eating there as well, so not a tourist trap. I would happily return.