“Wood burning oven seals the deal”

Caponie's Trattoria
Ranked #2,135 of 10,256 Restaurants in Chicago
Reviewed 6 March 2018

I cannot speak to the pasta offerings but the thin crust pizza out of a wood burning oven visible to everyone in the dining room makes for a very nice pizza experience.
On top of that you can bring in your own wine- a delicious combo
Did enjoy a bowl of the minestrone

1  Thank jfadds

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Ate here after trying their offerings at a recent Festival. Started out by checking out the decor of the place. Lots of great Capone and Godfather memorabilia on the walls. Ordered an Italian Beef and Sausage pizza which was outstanding. Rice balls filled with meat were a great appetizer and my son's pizza bread was exactly what he wanted. Service and price were spot on. We will definitely return to this establishment next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Been there with the discount of groupon. If you come here through groupon you will end up paying a lot.

They even have a groupon menu so dont think you are getting any discount at all. You can't even have pizza!!!

Brushetta is good, portobello mushrooms salty. You create your own pasta.
I think with pizza you get better deal.
Server was very polite. İt can be considered romantic for a couple but bring your own wine. I still think we paid more than it deserves for the location, but still delicious.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

We've been going here for several years, even when they were at their old location on Harlem. I feel the quality used to be a little bit better, the sauces had more flavor. We were here recently and just had some basic pasta, meat sauce, and it was so much sauce I could barely get to the pasta. It tasted decent, nothing outstanding. The bread is good, except it's a little tough. I realized this time, because I could see how they did it, that they bake it earlier and then when someone wants some, they put it in the wood-burning oven. While it's nice and warm, it actually makes it tough really quick when it cools down. It's good bread when it's fresh and warm though. They are a BYOB place, although I don't drink, so it doesn't matter either way to me. They also have offers from Groupon which is nice. Oh, and the create your own pasta is good to have, I don't like being stuck on just 1 noodle/sauce combo.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

Caponies is well worth the money. Their pasta and wood fire pizza are the best around. Many items to choose from that will not disappoint. We enjoy the build your own pasta. Delivery is always right on time, hot and correct.

1  Thank RobinD832

Been to Caponie's Trattoria? Share your experiences!