“Good dim sum”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Southwest Side
Neighbourhood: Southwest Side
Reviewed 15 January 2018

The dim sum here is good and servers are very attentive. Everything we ordered were good: shrimp dumpling (har gow), pork dumpling (siu mai), rice crepes, chicken with sticky rice, chicken feet,... and our order was served promptly. The facility could use a little refresher. There is a small parking area in front but you might have to do street parking.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Oh what can I say about this place , it was destiny that brought me, after I missed my first taxi, we were going to a different restaurant when the second taxi driver insisted (in a very weird way to take us to this restaurant) , the pleasure of picking up the fish , the grilled fish, Calamari and Prawns were amazing , super delicious , and reasonable price as well, I would easily kill to go again.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We came to New Furama Restaurant for a dinner attended by about 250 people. New Furama Restaurant is located just past the end of the exit ramp to 31st St., so the easiest way to get to the front is to go around the block, back to 28th St. and then south on Wentworth Ave. There is parking in front of the restaurant iin a small lot that goes along the front of the strip of stores and restaurants. We did find that the restaurant is starting to look a bit tired, but the third floor banquet room was done very well. The food was excellent and the service was efficient. The food was brought out one or two plates at a time, so with a little spin on the lazy susan, the food was in front of you. They did have really good entertainment, as well, with a lion dance, fan dancers and a DJ for music after the dinner.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

During my convention stay, our group tried lunch and dinner. The day we were there presentation and lunch. It was like a rush job by the restaurant. It was set up as a buffet luncheon and the food was not very impressive coming from San Francisco.

However, for dinner, Furama chef did a bank up job from hot seafood soup to the last few dishes like steamed lobsters and crabs. The presentations and tastes were very good. There was not comparison between the luncheon and this gourmet dinner! The dinner dishes were outstanding!

it means that the chefs probably work harder and creatively at night than during the lunch period. So I would try this restaurant for dinner instead.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

I was looking at a coupon site and this restaurant was listed, so decided to give it a try. This place is blocks away from the main Chinatown building. Parking is plentiful at the strip mall during non peak times. Located on the second floor, this place has a beautiful view of the dirty expressway and on ramps.

But, the food, is great. I mean, it is really good. The dim sum is great. Thank goodness for photos on the menu, because I don't speak or read Chinese and the servers have basic English skills. We tried about 10 different dishes, and all were good.

It is unfortunate that the place is a little run down, like worn out and torn carpets, AC vents that have dust, scratches on walls, etc, But it is popular with the Chinese crowd, so you know it is authentic. They hold big events and weddings, so that tells you that they are here for the food and not the carpet.

Been to New Furama Restaurant? Share your experiences!