“Elbow room, gracious hospitality: one hot spot that's always affordable”
Review of Ina's - CLOSED

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Neighbourhood: West Loop
Chicago
“Elbow room, gracious hospitality: one hot spot that's always affordable”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Not a traditional power restaurant, but Chicago's movers and shakers venture to the West Loop breakfast noon and night. From blue-chip CEOs to Obama advisers, everyone knows Ina and they come all-day long for intimate meetings and her award-winning home cooking. Looking for breakfast dishes? Try Ina's scrapple or Heavenly Hots, served all day. Personally, I like the free parking, a quiet lunch-time table and the New York Times. And did I mention affordable?

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank kevintyn

Frankfort, Illinois
“Fantastic breakfast from a Chicago Legend”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I first had breakfast at Ina's 20 years ago at her original Lincoln Park location. My husband and I visited this past weekend and I was happy to see it's just as wonderful as 20 years ago. Her sour cream coffee cake is delightful and the omelettes are made with the freshest ingredients (try Amy's).

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Sue1685911
Chicago
“Ina is the breakfast queen!!”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have been coming here for over 10 years about couple of times a month on the average. The food is always consistently great along with the great waiters especially Robin. The food is cooked way it should be, for example eggs are cooked with small amount of oil on low heat. Try the fried chicken and waffles , smoked salmon omelette, and huevos rancheros.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Brought by a local as a very nice place to eat.”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I went to Ina's with family from Chicago (I was visiting) and found it very nice. The free parking was a pleasant surprise, and our party of five was seated quickly at a clean table. Coffee came and brunch was ordered. Two in our party had the juevos rancheros - one with the jalapenos and one without, both seemed to enjoy them - and I had the chicken and waffles. I am guessing on the price but the portion was HUGE. It was two beautifully fried wings with a thigh, and a very light waffle. Besides the "good" maple syrup (which I found odd you have to ask for but there you go), it came with a spicy honey that was exceptional.

The place was noisy and busy but the staff was attentive and our orders came quickly. Nobody complained about the food at our table. I would return here.

• Visited January 2012
Madison, WI, USA
“Delightful Discovery”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This delightful restaurant is tucked away in an interesting warehouse district. The staff is warm and welcoming. The food is home cooked fare at its best. I had the special plate of the day that featured Smoque's delicious sliced brisket. We will be back for breakfast!

• Visited December 2011