“Tasty veg”

Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Had lunch. Very tasty vegetarian meal.would return. Prompt service, food well cooked. Just off bus line.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

We went to Handlebar for breakfast on our way from arriving at Chicago O'Hare Airport. What a great decision! Oh my goodness, this place is amazing in every area! The host was friendly, helpful, and just had a great energy. We sat in the back patio since it was a warm and sunny April morning and started with the refreshing hibiscus lemonades. We shared the Country-fried Portobella mushroom w/blackened tofu over a generous bed of real mashed potatoes and collards smothered in a lick-your-fingers seitan-sausage gravy. We also had a half biscuit and gravy. We cleaned the plates and returned the next day. My husband ordered the same thing and I got the shrimp and grits. So so good all over again plus friendly patrons. We will definitely visit Handlebar again anytime we are in Chicago! Yum, yum, and yum...

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We've heard so much about this place and finally made it out there today. We loved the large portion sizes (the sloppy Joe was incredible) and the drinks were affordable too. The ambience was very nice and the size of the crowd only went to show how popular the place was.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

My wife was interested in a vegetarian place to go to and my son-in-law suggested this place for brunch, and we tried it and were pleased. Two of us had Huevos Diablos and two had the breakfast burrito. They had a combination of eggs, veggies, beans etc with a sauce- I wanted cheese on mine and my wife did not want cheese. They also had an option of fake chorizo- a gluten substitute which was not a meat product.I also got a side of cheesy grits which were very good. My daughter added a slice of avocado to her dish. The place is very small but is very cute. Get there early for brunch if you do not want to wait long. The service was very good.

Reviewed 19 November 2016

This place was quite noisy due to the loud music playing. The service was not very good, I had to go ask for cream and a spoon for my coffee. I guess if I had ordered a beer like most other guests, I would have been fine. The meal came out quickly and my chicken wrap was delicious! All the food here is vegetarian or vegan.

Been to The Handlebar? Share your experiences!