“Cuban Cafeteria? Cuban Cuisine. Yes!”
Review of Senor Pan

Senor Pan
Ranked #1,813 of 10,254 Restaurants in Chicago
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is the most innocuous and oddly located restaurant of its quality that I have encountered.

Located in an older strip mall, beside the freight train tracks, in the neighborhood of my youth—one walks in from gray post-industrial Chicago to a clean, casual, cheerful restaurant that instantly creates anticipation of a great meal.

AND Senor Pan, on Fullerton Avenue does not disappoint. The signage states Cuban Cafeteria. But no cafeteria here, casual, welcoming table service is the first surprise.

Second surprise is Cuban Cuisine. Not steam table cafeteria food. Empanadas are fresh, hot and properly prepared.

A menu well-balanced between, entrees and/or sandwiches. Appetizers, soups and all one would expect. Homemade quality and variations of Cuban cuisine.

Plates are platters and the sides are outstanding. The sweet plantains are truly outstanding.

Do not let the post-industrial neighborhood intimidate you. This is home cooking in a friendly environment.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Not sure if this is a secret or not but this restaurant delivers through Grubhub which is how we ordered. The Cuban sandwiches got to us warm and fresh which was greatly appreciated. Their prices are moderate but very affordable.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I visited hearing about how good the cuban sandwiches are. They are good, not great. And the sandwiches are small in my opinion. You can upgrade the sandwich at a additional cost but at that point i would buy something different. Cafe con leche is good as well.

Thank Torres Consulti... F
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Had a steak sandwich on a fried plantain with fresh garlic and it is a 10!!! Cuban rice is tasty and has never been bad. I work in the neighborhood and this is one of my favorite places to eat. Consistently good food and we may even use them to cater.

Make the trip you'll thank me!!

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

I love Cuban food and this place was ok, but not exactly what I was looking for. The prices are steep and the servings were small. The attentiveness of staff was lacking for the price paid per meal. They have liquor but again it's gonna cost you. I would recommend going down Fullerton to Humboldt and try El Riconsito..that's great food and BYOB..

Been to Senor Pan? Share your experiences!