We booked a "small double" via Travelocity. On our trips we only use our hotel rooms for sleeping, so this was no problem, particularly since it was spotless...and on the 23rd floor with an extraordinary night-time view. This property is a bit quirky: you need to insert your room key card into the slot of the elevator cab, wait for the green light, then hit your floor button; you check in by inserting your credit card into an ATM-like machine and your room keys pop out; it's evidently two hotels, River Hotel being floors 4-10 and Club Quarters the rest (so apparently we really stayed at Club Quarters, the "business" hotel although we booked the room as River Hotel),
The staff, every one of them, were impeccably helpful. When we called down re a window we couldn't open, some one was at our door in a few minutes.
Hotel is basically at intersection of Mich. Av. and south side of Chicago River, A few blocks from the El and subway. Easy walk to all 3 river boat tours (the CAF one is worth the $35!), the Loop, Mag Mile right across the river.
Given our bargain rate and some negative reviews here on TA, we were very happily surprised with this hotel at its unbeatable location, and will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step out of the River Hotel and into the stunning surroundings of Downtown Chicago. Shimmering skyscrapers tower over the Chicago River as Wacker Drive bends to meet the city’s most famous thoroughfare, Michigan Avenue the start of the Magnificent Mile. These sights sit just steps from the inviting accommodations of the River Hotel, a Downtown Chicago boutique hotel devoted to providing personal service and a helpful range of amenities for business and leisure travel alike. Our Michigan Avenue hotel boasts an array of thoughtful onsite amenities: instant registration and checkout, 24-hour concierge service, complimentary high-speed Internet access, a modern fitness center, chilled, purified bottled water, and three state-of-the-art meeting rooms make for a seamless business travel experience. Savor authentic Italian cuisine and fabulous deep dish pizza at the onsite restaurant, Bella Bacino’s Italian Bistro & Pizzeria. The Chicago River Hotel offers everything you need in the heart of it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au and Hotels.com so you can book your River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Chicago
- Club Quarters Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Wacker Michigan