“Cleanest Restaurant Bathroom I Ever Seen”
Review of Crew Bar and Grill

Crew Bar and Grill
Ranked #4,034 of 10,147 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: American
Description: Chicago's premier gay sports bar and restaurant. 21 HDTV screens of sports action. Full bar and more than 60 beers to choose from. Open for lunch with full menu till 10pm. Monday night Trivia, Thursday Karaoke. Daily food and drink specials.
Reviewed 18 June 2015

I love how everybody was treated with kindness and they had the cleanest restaurant bathroom I Ever Seen.

Reviewed 22 September 2014

Var food is bar food., but this was awful. The service was friendly and the drink prices were good for Chicago. I ordered the flatbread pizza and Tombstone Pizza would have been better. They do have DirecTV Sunday Ticket, so they did have every NFL game on. Go to drink, skip the food.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

What I missed about Chicago is Crew Bar and Grill, my favorite sports bar, where I enjoyed many meals and happy times while l lived in Chicago from its opening in 2004 until I moved away in April 2011. It was my first time back in Chicago since April 2011 on October 2, 2012.

My first visit was awesome as the food and service was awesome.

My second visit was decent as you can't screw up a bowl of chili but our service was non-attentive as it took a long time for our waiter to bring our food and drinks. Plus, it was a long time for our server to close out our tab when we wanted to leave.

My third visit was a diaster as the chips, queso, and salsa were staled and not fresh plus the queso was cold. However, my server, Patrick, was the most rudest person in the world. He treated like some "Irish" drunk off the street because I lost my balance off from one of their bar stools that I was sitting on a late Saturday night after the University of Miami versus Notre Dame football game. My server didn't know that I was suffering a minor attack of vertigo when I tried to get off the stool for the bathroom due to my medication. In addition, when I checked out, I asked him to remove the chips, salsa, and queso off my bill which he refused and threaten to call the cops on me if I did not pay the bill. When the charge authorization was presented to me, I did not give a tip to him which he demanded that I leave the bar.

I am surprise that this bar is going down in flames just like their other bar, The Wild Pug, due to poor customer service and rude personnel.

Brian W, General Manager at Crew Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

I checked with the server who waited on this individual. He is also a manager. The server delivered the food as requested. The customer did not seem to be eating it, so the server asked if everything was okay. The customer replied all was good and they were waiting for a friend who arrived 30 minutes later. When the bill was delivered, the customer got upset and thought the food should have been removed. The server explained that wasn't possible since they ordered the food and did not indicate there was any issue when asked. The customer then became angry and refused to pay. That is when the server suggested they would have to call the police. At no time was the server wanting to call the police because of a tip issue. There are two sides to every story and I trust my server who has worked several years without incident.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

The food and service here is always spot on every time we visit. There are plenty tv's to see our sporting events and they play great music when there isnt a major event on tv. My favorite sandwich is the Turkey Club with Tator Tots. Best of all they have my favorite beer - Shiner Bock!

1  Thank Txcin66

Been to Crew Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!