“Nice Atmosphere ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We needed some breakfast on the way from our hotel to Navy Pier and this place was it. It had a very nice chic atmosphere, and wasn’t very busy. All the options were quite expensive for breakfast but what we got was very good. The kids pancakes were the best value as you get 2 very large and filling pancakes topped with fresh berries. My husband is a lover of orange juice and he said that it was the best he’s ever had! (I saw the fresh squeezing it.) Our server was very friendly. If I was in the area again I would stop by again!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

You know how sometimes, timing and hunger just hit? Then you see a restaurant sign and you go in and get a meal? Well, this was all that and more...because the meal (breakfast) was amazing! We got here pretty early and that was a good thing because we've learned...this place gets busy!
First off, the service is friendly and helpful. The fresh squeezed juices---wow! Haven't had fresh squeezed orange juice this good since we were in Spain and the oranges were right off the tree and the squeezing happens! A definite hit!
Next we experimented with some breakfast dishes out of the ordinary and suggest you do the same.
We went back the next day again, it was just too good to pass off.
Breakfast, brunch and lunch--this is worth the trip, really!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I have gone to Kanela's several times and never have left hungry or unsatisfied. The food is fabulous and the service is just as great. We ate at the bar and the staff, especially Juan, was super friendly and attentive.
Strawberry-Orange mimosa was amazing, highly recommend just getting a pitcher if youre planning on having more than one. Cinnamon Toast Brunch drink was strong but tasty - a little sweet so if that is not youre thing I would avoid it.
Breakfast burrito (add sour cream) its amazing! Chicken and waffles is one of my favorites, and I lived in the south for 6 years. It comes with a sriracha honey that just gives it the perfect twist. HUGE portion of this meal, so I recommend maybe splitting it! Definitely will be my go-to neighborhood brunch spot.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Amazingly delicious breakfast made to perfection. Portions are big if you ask me but none the less everything was wonderful. I am glad I visited Kanela’s. The staff was pleasant and very attentive thank you guys!

Reviewed 28 January 2018

First time, busy place. We waited just a minute but with he crowds that continued to come in after us it easily could have been longer. We were sat close to the door (mind you its January in Chicago brrrrr) so we kept our coats on the entire time. I had the corned beef (big chunks of meat) hash which has an over easy egg over has with shave brussle sprouts and toast, my hubs had the crab egg benedict which also had potatoes, the hollandaise has a siracha in it so a little different. Not sure we would go back unless warmer weather (the door never stops opening) I can see why its so busy but not our best experience.