W Chicago - City Center
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
USD 317*
USD 284*
  • Restaurant
The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
USD 222*
USD 211*
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
USD 170*
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
USD 328*
2,669 results
All reviewseden bernalw insiderbliss productsspectacular roomthe financial districtwillis towerthe loopconcierge serviceupgraded roombusiness tripart instituterooms are smallfew blocksmillennium parkipolobbyhernan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I have stayed here only twice for work but Laurelin, one of the concierges, has made me feel like I've stayed here 100 times. The staff warmly greeted me, immediately looked for the best possible room, and even provided me with some complimentary beverages. Prior to my arrival, Laurelin even reached out to me via email to see if I needed any restaurant recommendations.

Great service like this is so hard to find but I'm glad I found it at the W in the loop when I visit Chicago.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I booked a room at the W Chicago City Center to celebrate my birthday with my girlfriends. Laurelin had emailed me amd asked me if I was celebrating anything special and if she could do anything for me. I told her it was my birthday and that we needed a ride set up to the House Of Blues at 6pm. Not only did she set up our ride, she put us on the vip list for the Foundation Room. When they had trouble finding my name on their list, TK called them to confirm us and we got right in. The room was very, very clean, and the bathroom was very spacious, which was great for a bunch of girls getting ready for a night out. This hotel and its staff went above and beyond my expectations!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This is like a traditional W hotel's attractive, quieter, hard-to-get-to-know sister.

The W City Center is still a bit of an enigma to me and I have stayed there several times. The first time I booked this hotel, I was surprised by its location, but drawn in by the name, I made the reservation and hoped for the best. Honestly, it is not as bad as some of the SPG hotels that I have stayed in, but it doesn't have the redeeming qualities of the other Ws.

The thing about a typical W hotel is that beyond all of the pretentiousness is excellent service and cleanliness. This W has the cleanliness, but none of the excellent service. Most of the service I got boarded on you-are-interrupting-me-checking-into-foursquare-under-the-table looks and uninformed service on the phones.

They usually have better pricing than the other Ws, but you won't get the benefits that come with the extra dollars. By "extras", I mean basic customer service.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Erica319
WChicagoCityCenter, Director of Operations at W Chicago - City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Hello Erica,

Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and your feedback form your recent stays at the W Chicago City Center. Please know that although I was disappointed to learn of your experience I appreciate your feedback as it will allow us to improve. We strive to deliver impeccable service and empower our talent members to go above and beyond to wow our guests; I am sorry to know that this has not been the case in your stays and will be following up with our team.

Erica, hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in the near future. Please don’t hesitate to contact me direct in the future.

Kind regards,

Alejandra Romero, Director of Operations

Reviewed 12 February 2012

We recently spent a birthday celebration night for my wife at the hotel and had a fantastic stay. Laurelin went over and above the normal level of service you would expect. Or room was perfect with a nice view, comfortable bed, quiet heat and A/C and no disturbances. We were within walking distance of the Art Museum and our chosen dinner spot (the Berghoff), so the day and night were very low stress and enjoyable. Laurelin had a nice card and a few other surprises ready for my wife when we arrived, which made it all the more special.

Thanks to the W and especially Laurelin.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I've been staying at the W City Center 3 nights a week for some time now, on business. The staff is pleasant and ever so helpful -- to be expected from the hotel. But what gets the place an "excellent" rating from me is the over-arching helpfulness that comes from the front of house at the hotel restaurant, IPO. My coworker and I work late nights, and mostly just come back to the hotel to get out of the office and continue working. Because of this, there is barely any time to go out and explore the food there is in Chicago, so IPO tends to be the place to go. This doesn't bother us because the food is quite superb -- we're still working our way through the menu!

The staff in the front of house know us by now and it's nice to be greeted with familiar faces. Jamie, in particular, has been the most warm, pleasant person I've ever dealt with while on business. She really makes it feel like a home away from home, and takes care of me and my coworker through the long nights of work!

My coworker and I contemplated trying out the Westin just north of the river, for the change of scene and perhaps an ability to try a new restaurant or two, but Jamie's attention and service to us is honestly the reason why we're not leaving. Thank you, Jamie, for your kindness!

Room Tip: Rooms across from the elevator have little wireless internet connectivity -- opt for a room in one of the wings. Rooms on the left side of the elevators (>20) that face the street will have train noise. Definitely go for Spectacular over Wonderful -- the extra bathroom space is necessary!
Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business