“Fantastic Lunch Buffet”
Review of Punjabi Dhaba

Punjabi Dhaba
Ranked #6,292 of 10,952 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Indian
Neighbourhood: West Ridge (West Rogers Park)
Neighbourhood: West Ridge (West Rogers Park)
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Enjoyed such a fun day sari shopping with a dear friend something we'd wanted to do together for a long time. The manage at the store recommended this place and it was perfect. Great service and free parking out front on this block.

Such a great variety with fresh made naan and tandoori chicken. It is true that there was little paneer in the dish but everything else was wonderful and that was forgive-able.
Come hungry!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 5 September 2017

While in Chicago visiting religious bookstores, we happened upon Punjabi Dhaba for lunch. No sooner than we were seated, we had tandoori chicken and naan bread on the table. We had their buffet lunch. Plenty of meat and vegetarian choices. The food was very good and served hot. The server was very attentive! The price was excellent, about $22 for two people.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Very poor quality of food. No taste as well. Food on the buffet was totally different than what was mentioned. Paneer dishes had no paneer at all. Later on they sent someone out to buy some paneer and just added it and told us that now paneer is available. Most of us came out without eating anything.

Bad.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 4 July 2017

i normally do not rate restaurants as terrible, but this was one surely is. this is one of the worst Indian restaurants i have ever been to. i was here with one of my colleague for lunch buffet and i can say i repent being here

What i did not like: uncooked food, very bad attitude of owner and staff, most of the food was cold, unhygienic cutlery and ambience

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

If I had a choice, I'd give a zero. I went here for a lunch buffet with a friend. The waiter was over friendly at first, and panicked when the place got crowded. I decided to order a beer after lunch and the misbehavior mainly started then! It's a shame that a girl ordering a beer is such a big deal, even when you're a server in America. He started flirting, it made me uncomfortable and I told him to mind his own business. He still didn't stop and I had to shut him up with a ride comment and leave. Worst experience in a restaurant ever!
I'm from Delhi and have never had such an awful experience back in my own country.. it's a shame that while people go to look for their own people and food, this is the kind of treatment they get!
The place should be shut down.

Date of visit: May 2017

Been to Punjabi Dhaba? Share your experiences!