“What a great way to start my birthday!” 5 of 5 bubbles

City Running Tours-Chicago
Book In Advance
Book a Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Our PERSONALIZED RUNNING TOURS are completely customizable to the day, time, distance and sights you want to see. Your personal running guide will pick you up from where you are staying, run at your pace, provide water and have a camera in case you feel like capturing the moment. At the completion of the run we will return you to where you are staying and you walk away with a souvenir goody bag.
Alba, Italy
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a great way to start my birthday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

I'm a big fan of Chicago, so for my Dec. 2011 birthday I decided to go to Chicago. A friend recommended City Running Tours, so I signed up for a 10 mile jaunt. It was just me (as a sometimes solo traveler it's great to find a company that does not require a min. of two people). Marlin was my tour guide and he met me in my hotel lobby. It was snowing so I was a bit nervous about the conditions -- would it be too cold for an enjoyable adventure? It was great. I got to learn so much about the city's history. And, after the run Marlin gave me a bag of goodies, including a running shirt, some shot blocks, food and coupons for area shopping. He also sent an email with a breakdown of our entire route and key peices of history -- since I couldn't write anything down on the run. I highly recommend this! Can't wait to try one of these in DC and NYC.

Tampa, Florida, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“If you are able to move quicker than a walk, then do this tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

This exceeded my expectations by far! I arrived thinking I was just going to jog and have a tour guide point some things out, but our guide made this the best possible experience and had us laughing and goofing off (while getting our 5k in) the whole time. I learned so much about the city even after living around here for years. I also felt like I got a work out in, and really, anyone who is able to walk quickly can do this tour since it's broken up into stops where we discussed Chicago and took silly pictures. After the tour, we promptly received an e-mail with a photo album of the experience, complete with funny captions. Today I just received an e-mail summary of what we learned. The tour guide is also an experience runner so you can ask him for running advice as well. This is hands down the best 5k experience I've ever had! Thank you!!

Illinois
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

I took the running tour of Grant Park last Sunday. I did not know what to expect, and I found it real entertaining and informative. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone. The running portion is not too long (about 5k) and there are a few stops for the sightseeing. I liked that Marlin sprints ahead of the group to take pictures and that he sends you both pictures and a list of facts and other info that he gave us during the tour. The hardest part was the weather, but that's winter in Chicago! I will definitely sign up for the other running tours in the city once it warms up.

Reynoldsburg, Ohio, United States
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

Had a great tour earlier, and looking forward to Thursday, Friday, and possibly Saturday. Lots of knowledge about the Tragic events, I definitely recommend all. Thank You!

Warren, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Park run with Marlin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

I would suggest that if your in Chicago and want to take a leisure jog with history-Sign Up with Marlin. Very informative and friendly guide. Bonus-He took pictures for us and helped with directions after the tour.

1 Thank ANNFR99